Post-Game Talk: Isles @ Caps 7:37PM (MOD WARNING POST #331 ALL MUST READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVs Gold Chain*

Ovie and Holtby come back, W

Congrats on the measuring stick, crylander fans.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Well. We played better for the short period of time only. Need to rise their level of play. But 2 points, Lloyd!

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I'm more satisfied with a tough playoff type win than a 5-0 blowout personally. Blowout are always fun when you'r eon the right end of them but this one showed a little character. :handclap:

It showed character but we got to work on puck movement in our own zone.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Probably because they laid an egg in the first and most of the third.

The Isles play to win, too, or they did the last time I checked.

Hard fought win against a hated rival, who were desperate to get 2 points to make up ground on us, while getting back into the swing of things after an extended layoff = laying an egg. Got it. And you say the GDTs are insufferable because people complain about penalties? I think they're insufferable because people expect perfection and ***** and moan about everything.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm more satisfied with a tough playoff type win than a 5-0 blowout personally. Blowout are always fun when you'r eon the right end of them but this one showed a little character. :handclap:

Nah, half the players were sleepwalking. We were forcing plays in the neutral zone and getting cute with the puck, particularly Kuzy and Schmidt.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Would rather remind the team that nothing comes easy than get a feel-good 4-0 win, but that was a little much at times.

I actually agree on Johansson. Having another good puck possessor gone from the middle six allowed for some matchup advantages at stages of the game for the Islanders.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, 90 is definitely missed. Richards shouldn't play higher than the 4th line.

He's especially missed on the PP. Kuznetsov's skills aren't being utilized efficiently when he's in Johansson's spot.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I thought the Islanders played excellent. They were really sharp most of the game, crisp passing and breakouts. Caps stole a game by converting in a timely manner, similar to how Florida wasn't very good but converted every opportunity.

That being said, Carlson was really bad tonight. Remember how I said Orpik shouldn't be near first pairing minutes? Neither should Carlson right now. Other than scoring points Carlson has actually been poor this season defensively.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
BB's is in his 5th year with the Ducks. How time flies...

Glad to see he survived the poor start to the season.

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
Holtby played great tonight. Made some great saves to bail us out when the guys in front of him were lackluster. The two goals were fluky and nothing he could do about them. Bang bang, sloppy plays in front of the net.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I am afraid we will not be able to re-sign him.

He's the first to get an extension so he will be signed surely.

Then he will be either traded or kept (someone lost, like Williams and/or Oshie etc).

There is very little danger of not getting him signed. Being on the 3rd line won't help him in the stats department too, probably.

He will get ~ Laich-type contract. Or just 1 year at 3.75M again. Then UFA.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I think he will be signed for more than that if he continues his play
...plus playing center even though the 3rd line will probably help him.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Don't want to be a downer, but was thinking before the Ovie's goal: we are outplayed and outworked, but because of some talent,we would score and win and mask our weaknesses by Holtby and Ovie. Kind of 2010, little bit worried about the playoffs where the game is tied and almost no mistakes. Honestly wanted them to lose, so they would be aware and prepared.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
we are on pace for a billion points.

chill.

Yes a chill pill is in order, but on the flip side the Caps have given up the 1st goal in the last 4-6 games. Can't remember the exact number, but it was mentioned during the broadcast. Anyway, they need to tighten things up in the 1st.

Also, getting healthy would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad