Post-Game Talk: Isles @ Caps 7:37PM (MOD WARNING POST #331 ALL MUST READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm just happy that the Caps are back to playing games every other day or so. I think the breaks killed any sense of rhythm they had and hopefully they can regain their form tonight after having a nice 3rd period against Florida. Honestly they weren't that bad when playing 5v5 against Florida, they just took undisciplined penalties and blew chunks on the PP. The PP should look much better with Ovie back in the lineup.

Looking forward to a bounceback win tonight and I'm looking forward to Burakovsky and Kuznetsov killing it again. What a set of young players.

Jun 15, 2007
So...nickname for Burt and Kuz?

Joe B called them the Tongue Twister Twins which has a really nice ring to it. The problem is of course that their names aren't even hard to say.

Actually we don't even have a good nickname for Ovechkin and Backstrom. Burt and Kuz are kind of a nationality flip of them.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I could see the Caps getting into a bit of a slump. They haven't played a lot of games over the past couple weeks with a couple days off in there for everyone. Add some injuries and I could see them having a rough couple games until everyone gets their legs under them.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
GreenFatFrillneckedlizard.gif

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Let's play a game tonight: let's count how many charging/interference calls on Clutterbuck/Martin are missed or ignored by the refs. I'll set the over/under at 5.5

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I like what Ness has done when he has played up...guy is a really good skater.

There is still a possibility that Chorney plays, but if he doesn't feel well enough, Ness will replace him. The worst thing that can happen to a hockey team is having a disease spread. Remember the mumps last year?

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Keep Chorney away from the team! Ovie back should spark the team and hopefully Holtby is solid. He's barely played a game in the last two weeks.
Get back on track against the Isles. They are using the Caps as a measuring stick and are telling the media they are as good a team as the Caps. Them's fighting words! Lol.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Keep Chorney away from the team! Ovie back should spark the team and hopefully Holtby is solid. He's barely played a game in the last two weeks.
Get back on track against the Isles. They are using the Caps as a measuring stick and are telling the media they are as good a team as the Caps. Them's fighting words! Lol.

Really? Post a link please, I need a good laugh :laugh:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
It was on an NHL.com article. I'll try and find it.

Doesn't seem to be there anymore. Weird.

EDIT: Here it is on the Isles website

“They are a team we measure ourselves against, but we believe we’re just as good as them,” Frans Nielsen said.

The Islanders are basing that off of a closely contested seven-game series last spring that was decided by one goal and a closer-than-the-score-would-indicate 4-1 loss earlier this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

EDIT: Here it is on the Isles website:

“They are a team we measure ourselves against, but we believe we’re just as good as them,†Frans Nielsen said.

The Islanders are basing that off of a closely contested seven-game series last spring that was decided by one goal and a closer-than-the-score-would-indicate 4-1 loss earlier this season.

Sorry Mr.Nielsen, we have a better offense, defense and a better goalie. It sucks for you that you were the only forward on the team who came through in G7.

11 SOG in G7 though, that's not a great performance.

OVs Gold Chain*

This Caps team imo is much better than the one that decimated the isles in Game 7. The Islanders look like the exact same poorly coached team as last year and without Boychuck they are totally hopeless.

Play physical and push them around per usual, lots of shots on Halak early, profit.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

EDIT: Here it is on the Isles website:

“They are a team we measure ourselves against, but we believe we’re just as good as them,†Frans Nielsen said.

Sorry Mr.Nielsen, we have a better offense, defense and a better goalie. It sucks for you that you were the only forward on the team who came through in G7.

11 SOG in G7 though, that's not a great performance.

They are on a playoff spot right now. No player on any playoff team is going to say that we are going to roll over because the other team is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad