GDT: Isles @ Caps - 2/4/14 7:30 NBCSN

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
They like Erskine better than Schmidt.

It's not Erskine vs Oleksy. Oleksy plays right side. Why not Oleksy instead of Carrick?

Strachen is big. He's more mature. I don't have a problem with Strachen for the most part. Watch the opposing forwards when they come across Strachen vs Carrick. They give him space.

Strachen's end to end rush was a good one. Unlike a different rush by another player that was a "rookie mistake". ;)

Strachan is god awful. He is so bad. Second coming of Schultz. Way to slow, doesn't hit as much as he should, isn't good with the puck, etc. Send him back down to the minors and keep his a** there. would much rather have Olesky up then him.

I know Oates likes players playing their on side, but would much rather have Schmidt playing with Orlov on the second d paring, and have Orlov play his offside (since he is used to doing so). Schmidt is a little more developed than Carrick, IMO. I do think Carrick will be a decent 2nd pairing to great 3rd pairing, but with Green out of the line up, I'm more comforatble with Schmidt Orlov, than Orlov Strachan or Orlov Carrick. The way the lines are now, the third d pairing should get about 9 min of ice time tonight.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If those indeed are the forwards that are playing tonight and that is how Oates has them lined up I really don't know what to say.

Burakovsky95*

I don't understand why the **** Oates doesn't just move Mojo to 2C. Having Beagle there is atrocious.

10-19-8
16-90-20
25-83-42
21-48-43

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
I don't understand why the **** Oates doesn't just move Mojo to 2C. Having Beagle there is atrocious.

10-19-8
16-90-20
25-83-42
21-48-43

I like Beagle on the third line, but I like Fehr there too. Not being a natural C hurts him on the draw but his play style works well with Ward and Chimera. Also glad Erat gets to play with OV and Nicky again. Not perfect with the lines but it will do with the injuries...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Isles are nearly "donesy" and are on the skids. One of the few teams with less ROW than the Caps, and one of the worst defenses to boot. They score at a decent clip but not enough to outpace the ones they give up. On paper/pixels this is a get-well game for Washington at home. Which is why it will inexplicably turn into an OTL of some kind.

5-4 Isles.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Over/under on the amount of times Erskine gets pinned in his own zone with the Tavares/Vanek line?

Setting the O/U at 8.5. Place your bets.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

10-19-8
16-90-20
25-83-42
21-48-43

Anyone with half a brain would see that those lines you posted are better, but our coach is Adam Oates.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They like Erskine better than Schmidt.

It's not Erskine vs Oleksy. Oleksy plays right side. Why not Oleksy instead of Carrick?

actually, it is Erskine vs Oleksy/Strachan. If they choose Erskine, they need a right d call up. If they play Oleksy, they need a left d call up.

So....With Oleksy playing they would have Schmidt in the lineup. With Erskine, its Carrick.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So I look at another set of lineups by oates and then read that Erat is on his way to soshi to play C........ my head is in a tail spin

MadFerIt95*

I have a feeling Erat finally scores tonight. I picked him up in fantasy on Saturday night so if he does I would look like a genius

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
You never know when you will be ready to drive Miller from Buffalo to DC by car. Especially if you're not in the game.

The Washington Tankings. The team with its own unique tactics system called 'Headless Chikens on the march'.

Did I miss anything?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
You never know when you will be ready to drive Miller from Buffalo to DC by car. Especially if you're not in the game.

The Washington Tankings. The team with its own unique tactics system called 'Headless Chikens on the march'.

Did I miss anything?
The Caps would be President's Trophy favorites with better goaltending.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am sticking to my guns. erat scores when he gets to play RW.

Which will be in Sochi.

Book it.

If he scores tonight, I am calling the own goal by an Isles D mesmerized by his dangling mouthpiece, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad