Post-Game Talk: Isles beat Devils yet again, status quo continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Another no show against the Isles. I went to many games at the Nassau over the last 5 years where we no showed like this. Don't remember quite as many in Newark, but the epidemic seems to have finally crossed the LIE and the Hudson, and Pulaski Skyway as well!:laugh::laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Another no show against the Isles. I went to many games at the Nassau over the last 5 years where we no showed like this. Don't remember quite as many in Newark, but the epidemic seems to have finally crossed the LIE and the Hudson, and Pulaski Skyway as well!:laugh::laugh:

The first period was certainly a no-show, and completely inexcusable. Second time in four games DeBoer had to use a timeout in the first ten minutes. That's a bad bad bad sign. Then of course they came out in the second period like they'd been shot out of a cannon but after the goal we made the Isles look like last year's Rangers. They had at least twenty blocked shots :shakehead

Status Quo*

Would any of you agree that this is the worst Devils team in the last 20 years?

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
The first period was certainly a no-show, and completely inexcusable. Second time in four games DeBoer had to use a timeout in the first ten minutes. That's a bad bad bad sign. Then of course they came out in the second period like they'd been shot out of the cannon but after the goal we made the Isles look like last year's Rangers. They had at least twenty blocked shots :shakehead

not too hard to block those weak shots from the devils blueline :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Would any of you agree that this is the worst Devils team in the last 20 years?

That's pretty rough. They've had some sketchy teams that were carried by Marty - Sutter's first year among them. They had freaking Colin White and Mike Mottau as their top pairing and not much up front either. The '10/11 team is hard to grade because it was two completely unsustainable half-seasons.

Difference now is the goaltending can't carry their own gear into the crease since Marty got hurt.

NHL Fanatik*

The team needs a revamp. However it gets done, but it needs to be done.

As for the game, almost laughable. The highlight for me was Kosto sticking up for his teammate... and then gets knocked out! That just shows how the game went.

Team needs change desperately. :help:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The team needs a revamp. However it gets done, but it needs to be done.

As for the game, almost laughable. The highlight for me was Kosto sticking up for his teammate... and then gets knocked out! That just shows how the game went.

Team needs change desperately. :help:

I thought Barch was bad at fighting, my god. At least Barch doesn't get napalmed in three seconds.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The 10/11 team was actually built A LOT better than this team. The defense maybe not, but forwards for sure.

I mean Kovy, Parise, Zajac coming off a 68 point season, Langenbrunner who we didn't find out was completely washed up before the season started. Patty and Marty were each two/three years younger than now. Arnott was a pretty good trade, and he played good for us during that time period.

We had to dress fewer skaters cause of the cap problems, and had some BAD revolving d men like Corrente, OMG, Eckford, etc. It was mostly a POS coach who didn't know what the **** he was doing, and some bad apples in the locker room. Even Clarkson was better for most of that season than his last 25 games this year.

We have a Zajac who's less offensively productive than John Madden his last year with us, an injured Kovy, and Patty and Marty are a few years older. The rest are gone.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
ok now i disagree with deboer

Although right wing David Clarkson didn’t score a goal for the 20th time in the last 22 games – after opening the season with 10 goals in the first 14 games – DeBoer thought he did a lot well.

“He just has to do more of what he did tonight – six shots, multiple chances,” DeBoer said. “They’re going to go eventually. I thought he was very good tonight for us.

lol clarkson was literally killing the offense with his stupid passes.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Clarkson has no gameplan in the offensive zone, aside from the back of the net where he excels. On the rush, he's lost.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
God, I hope Lou doesn't overpay this guy.

I know Lou won't look into trading him, but I personally would explore it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about Clarkson's pass to no one in the offensive zone on a rush against Tampa Bay? That's when I first started to say ''Dude what the **** are you doing man?'' and since then my blood pressure has gone sky high with him.

Supposed he scores 3 or 4 more goals this year, and then he's almost on pace for 30 goals in an 82 game season. He'd probably get paid almost as much as a player coming off back to back 30 goal seasons.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
it's one thing to not score, but he's not doing what he was doing in the beginning of the season. he is falling down more, making dumb choices/passes. when clarkson is playing well, you never see him on the ice trying to get up. he is on his feet, working the boards. of course you expect a dip in scoring, but i just don't see him playing the same way.

and that is what annoys me about him.

Last edited:

Status Quo*

I at first was dead set against trading for Jagr but over the last few games my tune has changed. I would welcome Jagr with open arms. Dude knows how to score.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I at first was dead set against trading for Jagr but over the last few games my tune has changed. I would welcome Jagr with open arms. Dude knows how to score.

Yup he would be a big help. A first rounder for that old carcass though?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad