Pre-Game Talk: Isles at Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Quine is still living off that OT goal, and Prince is Garths new "free toy"

Quine really isn't terrible. He's a solid bottom 6 option who can skate, has pretty sick handles, and recently showed us that he's pretty good defensively. I have no problem playing him for Beauvillier who looks like he's been on the struggle bus.

The one thing that Beauvillier doesn't lack is energy. The dude ALWAYS puts his heart and soul into it. But he hasn't showed us anything impressive offensively lately. I'm all for Beauvillier to get sent down to Bridgeport right now to get his confidence back, and maybe bring in either Gionta or Bernier for a little bit.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I just wish they would play kids who have the potential to help the team win a cup someday over guys who are either gone next year or depth players...

Playing Quine, Hickey, and Seids has not resulted in a win solely due to their play...

Playing Beau, Mayfield and Pulock has not resulted in a loss solely due to their play...

It's just a waste at this point...

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
sorry but it has to be said... Nelson is the black hole of this team. He’s worst than Chimera. Can’t believe AB is sitting for Nelson.

I disagree completely. Stats aside Nelson has played a lot more physical this year and has been fine. AB shouldnt be sitting either but he hasnt played nearly as well.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
sorry but it has to be said... Nelson is the black hole of this team. He’s worst than Chimera. Can’t believe AB is sitting for Nelson.

chimera isn't an nhl player at this point. nelson is slumping.

I can't recall seeing a player regress season to season as much as Chimera has. He was at least a ligitimate 3d line option last year...

he's like 38 years old

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Beauvillier needs 10 games in the AHL. He needs some goals and confidence . AB never touches the puck

Bring up Gionta or Bernier to ride the press box for 10 games. The team and AB will be better in the long run

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Beauvillier needs 10 games in the AHL. He needs some goals and confidence . AB never touches the puck

Bring up Gionta or Bernier to ride the press box for 10 games. The team and AB will be better in the long run

Id play bernier or gionta for a game to send a message to Brock. Theyre both good PKers and nelsons just as useless as beau out there

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Should take a hard look at Pacioretty or Kane.

Both top three in shots while Tavares (our SOG leader) is ranked 36th...

This team could use one more pure triggerman in my opinion.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
chimera isn't an nhl player at this point. nelson is slumping.

he's like 38 years old

That doesn't change the fact that he's regressed a ton since last season. He scored 2o goals last year and was a fixture on the 3rd line. I've seen plenty of players as old or older than him and none have had a similar regression that I can recall. There was nothing gradual about it, he just completely fell off a cliff.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

They are second in goals scored... and Kane and Ladd hate eachother. Please for the love of God everyone needs to stop trying to link Kane and the Islanders.Go to youtube and search "Kane Ladd"

crasherino

May 9, 2013
These guys travel and play a lot. I’m tired from watching the game last night lol

Have to respect these athletes.
Agreed. Not my ideal line up but it's a long season. We have 8 Dmen - I'm ok with rotating them. I wish it was Pulock getting the call but I'm not gonna get worked up about a specific lineup

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They are second in goals scored... and Kane and Ladd hate eachother. Please for the love of God everyone needs to stop trying to link Kane and the Islanders.Go to youtube and search "Kane Ladd"

They are second in goals scored and we have four PPG players

I'm not sure we end the year with one PPG scorer, which is why I think adding a forward wouldn't hurt.

Regardless of whether Kane is a viable option or not, I still feel this team is missing a guy who shoots the puck a ton.

For example, Pacioretty has a year left on his deal at 4.75M per, while Nelson is an RFA after this year and will be looking for something between 4-5M per. A package including Nelson (plus a significant add) for Pacioretty is something I think would immediately make this scary...

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

If we are going to invest assets into anything it would be best spent on D.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
You can take your pick, Beau, Nelson or Chimera at this point, these are the 3 weak forwards. Nelson does not bring it every night, that is the issue there. Beau is a guy that is starting to look like Cizikas light. Chimera is washed up, but also snake bitten. I hope this is the game where Quine cements his spot

As for D, I see why we don't have Mayfield and pulock in same game, they are oddly kind of playing the same game, but Mayfield has been more offensive and Pulock better defensively which is not the way it should be

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If we are going to invest assets into anything it would be best spent on D.

I'm not against adding D, but I think the options are a lot more slim. Yeah, a lot of good guys are set to become free agents in the next two years but ultimately "actual good defensemen" rarely become available and their price is always insanely high.

On top of that, what realistically available defensemen are legitimate upgrades over what we have right now, and then on top of that, does the price make sense? I'd rather see Toews get a shot on the third pair over Hickey/Seidenberg and continue rolling with Leddy-Boychuk and de Haan-Pelech in the top four.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
You can take your pick, Beau, Nelson or Chimera at this point, these are the 3 weak forwards. Nelson does not bring it every night, that is the issue there. Beau is a guy that is starting to look like Cizikas light. Chimera is washed up, but also snake bitten. I hope this is the game where Quine cements his spot

As for D, I see why we don't have Mayfield and pulock in same game, they are oddly kind of playing the same game, but Mayfield has been more offensive and Pulock better defensively which is not the way it should be
Mayfield does not have the offensive skill Pulock has. Pulock is pretty good at stick handling has a good wrister to go along with the slapper. Mayfield throws everything at the net when he gets a chance hence why he has more points. Weight has criticized Pulock for not shooting enough if you have listened to any of his post games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad