Pre-Game Talk: Isles at Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
sorry but it has to be said... Nelson is the black hole of this team. He’s worst than Chimera. Can’t believe AB is sitting for Nelson.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
sorry but it has to be said... Nelson is the black hole of this team. He’s worst than Chimera. Can’t believe AB is sitting for Nelson.

Don’t get me wrong, Nelson is bad, but Chimera is beyond terrible.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Sometimes I really wonder how many people on this board even have an ounce of hockey knowledge. Anthony Beauvillier has been awful, he has contributed less than nothing to this team this year. He doesnt score, he has the worst +/- on the team, he doesnt kill penalties, what exactly does he do?
Chimera has been bad, no doubt, and he cant score for crap, be he kills penalties, he is effective on a checking line and plays a lot harder than Beauvillier. Brock Nelson? He has more goals than Beauvillier has points. It would take Beauvillier probably another 20 games to reach the amount of goals that Brock Nelson has right now. Is Nelson soft? Yes. Does he disappear for games at a time? Of course. But let me ask you this, in the average game, we are down by a goal with a couple minutes left and the puck comes to an Islander in the slot for point blank scoring chance, would you want that player to be Brock Nelson or Anthony Beauvillier. There should not be a single person that says Anthony Beauvillier.

So in regards to todays lineup, I have no issue with the move whatsoever, in fact I actually think Quine has been better in the games he has played than Beauvillier. I have been saying for weeks, if the Isles are to bring in a top 4 dman or some other upgrade and the teams around the NHL still consider Beauvllier to have high value, he is the guy to send packing out of our youngsters without question.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Beauvillier's still 20, but he has had some pretty poor games as of late. If we had the depth to compensate, he could really use a spell in the NHL to round out his game.

I really think now might be the time Snow should start ringing some phones. Kulemin is pretty much done for the year, and icing Chimera, Beauvillier, Nelson, Clutterbuck, Quine every single game in the bottom 6 could be costly for us in such a tough division. A veteran PKer that'll cost a 3rd or 4th is exactly what this team needs right now.

Reactions: Eberzal

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I can't recall seeing a player regress season to season as much as Chimera has. He was at least a ligitimate 3d line option last year...

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Seriously. Chimera is the worst forward on the team right now, and it's kinda not close.

Beau needs help right now too, but I kinda don't want to see Prince or Quine in his place either.

He almost single handedly lost the game on Wednesday. I don’t understand how anyone can defend his play.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Crap..Ottawa is a big fast team..Hickey will get trampled.

I can't recall seeing a player regress season to season as much as Chimera has. He was at least a ligitimate 3d line option last year...

Think you might be forgetting Reasoner. :cool:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Geez Hickey back in again. I don't mine Quine but I would have preferred Chimera sit. Expect to see the Isles pinned deep when hickey is out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad