GDT: Isles at Keafs- 7 p.m.SBA TV: CBC, SNO; Radio: 1050 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Why does he have no chance here? I mean the Isles only have 113 goals for, would you rather play a shaky Andersen in net tonight?
You're asking me if I'd rather play our all star starting goalie against the 4th best team in the league, or play the guy who requires a touchdown to win. Hmm, you are a very deep thinker, I like it.

Kingstondude84

Dec 22, 2019
You're asking me if I'd rather play our all star starting goalie against the 4th best team in the league, or play the guy who requires a touchdown to win. Hmm, you are a very deep thinker, I like it.

You also do realize Andersen has given up 3 plus goals in 4 of his past 5 right? Logic doesn't seem to be your strong suit here. I'm a long term kinda guy, playing Hutch against a team that struggles to score goals in order to rest Freddie makes sense, both now and long term for the playoffs.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Babcock should be given his captain the best chance to win against his old team by playing Freddie.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Given the Leafs elite offense, I'd take the odds. Again, Andersen needs a game off.

He's got 3 days off coming after the Jets game on the 8th, and most of another week coming after Chicago on the 18th save for 1 period at the allstar game.

He's got tons of time off coming there is 0 need for this.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
So Keefe is choosing to lose.

I know somebody will come in and say "he won his last 2 games."

Detroit and NJ arguably the 2 worst teams in the NHL and he had to go to OT to beat NJ

They better score 6
Whether it's the goaltending or the defensive play of the isles. I find it hard to see us scoring 6

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Babcock should be given his captain the best chance to win against his old team by playing Freddie.

We did that last year and it didn't go well. Might have the Islanders cheating more and playing into our style of game if their forwards get greedy seeing Hutch. If we play their game, we probably lose even if Andersen is in net.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Sounds like Marchment is staying in the line-up. So same lines as last game i guess with the exception of Hutch starting? Tima being sat down for wanting out of town?lol

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
mistake playing hutch here, you gotta put people in places they can succeed, give him the devils and hawks games instead, he has no chance here tonight. That simply isn't good enough from a management perspective.
Thank you for saying that. Superstition tells me Hutch goes lights out tonight now lol im not superstitious...but I'm a little stitious

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Even if they win, I think it's a peculiar decision. He is coaching his way, it's his team, so he knows what others don't know and makes the assessment accordingly. I just think "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". Kudos to him for having the courage to do it I suppose.

Maybe he gets a shutout and everyone talks about what a shrewd move it was. I just don't see the need for it right now when you need every point.

That all being said, I admit, it's asking alot for a starter to shoulder so much. It's not his fault Leafs didn't have success, until the last two games, with their back up. That's what he's paid for though, that's why he is going to the all-star game. You often make or break your season with your #1 goalie.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
I don’t understand everyone still saying we need every point right now. The playoffs are a lock now that the team gets to play to its strengths. Keefe is showing confidence in the team, confidence in Hutch, and flipping the Islanders the bird. Guaranteed win night. Bet the farm.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Sounds like Marchment is staying in the line-up. So same lines as last game i guess with the exception of Hutch starting? Tima being sat down for wanting out of town?lol
Timashov requesting a trade was very surprising to me. Homegrown player was given a shot to make the team out of training camp and he did. I like the kid too :(

Reactions: Nylander88

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
Is playing Hutch, maybe, a kind of 'advanced stats' kind of move.

Everyone's saying, play him against a weaker team, but, from a shots/Corsi/Fenwick/Scoring chances perspective,the Isles get fewer scoring chances and fenwicks and are near the bottom of those categories.

The Isles don't win games because they are a great scoring team; in fact, they're one of the poorer offensive teams, so, maybe this is a better team to play Hutch against?

Hey, just throwin this out there !!!
Full agree, they play a grinding, hard working game. Lower quality chances but crash the net, somewhere that a "weaker" statistical goalie might not be at such a disadvantage from vs. a more skilled team

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Willy hatty, Matthews hatty, Tavares hatty, marner 7 points in a 10-0 shutout, you read it here first.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'd much rather see Hutch in against the Islanders, than the Oilers.

Islanders are good but aren't exactly world beaters offensively.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I personally like the Hutch start. Isles depth forwards is absolute trash.

They practically have 4 main forwards. Their bottom 6 consists of Players like Komarov, Martin, Johnston, and Kuhnacle. Heck even Dal Colle is mediocre AF lmao

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
So Keefe is choosing to lose.

I know somebody will come in and say "he won his last 2 games."

Detroit and NJ arguably the 2 worst teams in the NHL and he had to go to OT to beat NJ

They better score 6

I know how you feel but let's remember that Hutch is 2-1-0 with Keefe. On top of that, let's also remember that these low scoring Islanders also scored 5 goals on Andersen when we lost to them earlier this year 5-4. Plus it forces our boys to play a better defensive game overall, not only the defense men but also the forwards which is what they need to practice on to become Cup Contenders.

Reactions: draeko17

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Its totally normal for the backup to get a game in.

It just so happens ours hasnt been so great.

Kinda sad that our backup is so bad that a thread is created when he gets a regular start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad