GDT: Isles at Keafs- 7 p.m.SBA TV: CBC, SNO; Radio: 1050 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hutch gets the nod.
(I promised to do the Hutch GDT since he won the only other one I did.)
full

hnic-ny-islanders-at-toronto.jpg

full

full

MAPLE LEAFS LINES

Zach Hyman-Auston Matthews-Mitch Marner
William Nylander-John Tavares-Alex Kerfoot
Pierre Engvall-Jason Spezza-Kasperi Kapanen
Mason Marchment/Dmytro Timashov-Adam Brooks-Frederik Gauthier

Defence pairs
Morgan Rielly-Tyson Barrie
Martin Marincin-Justin Holl
Travis Dermott-Cody Ceci

Goaltenders
Michael Hutchinson (starter)
Frederik Andersen
giphy.gif

ISLANDERS LINES

Lee-Nelson-Eberle
Beauvilluer-Barzal-Bailey
Dal Colle-Brassard-Kuhnhackl
Martin-Cizikas-Komarov

Defence pairs
Leddy-Pulock
Toews-Mayfield
Dobson-Boychuk

Goaltenders
Semyon Varlamov (starter)
Thomas Greiss

INJURIES
Islanders — RW Cal Clutterbuck (wrist), D Adam Pelech (Achilles).
Maple Leafs — D Jake Muzzin (foot), LW Andreas Johnsson (leg), LW Trevor Moore (concussion), RW Ilya Mikheyev (wrist).

SPECIAL TEAMS
Power play
Islanders: 19.6% (17th)
Maple Leafs: 24.4% (5th)

Penalty kill
Islanders: 81.3% (12th)
Maple Leafs: 75.4% (26th)

and finally...a prayer to the Saint of Hockey Goalies..St. Turkus of Broda
full

reimer.jpg
Hockey-15sm.jpg

95a129883c1d86d55742d8de3eee86f2--sports-head-hockey-pictures.jpg
images

images
images

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Sandin in for Marincin in a few days?

Only thing holding out of the NHL is his ability to take an NHL hit.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Sandin in for Marincin in a few days?

Only thing holding out of the NHL is his ability to take an NHL hit.

I hope not. We need as much ELC time as we can. Burning a year for a few games makes no sense to me.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Isles are currently like the Bruins except they're taking L's in regulation instead of OT.

Islanders are 9-8-2 in their last 19 compared to 14-4-1 for the Keafs.

It now makes sense why Keefe decided to let Fred sneak in some rest.

Reactions: Ciao

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Is playing Hutch, maybe, a kind of 'advanced stats' kind of move.

Everyone's saying, play him against a weaker team, but, from a shots/Corsi/Fenwick/Scoring chances perspective,the Isles get fewer scoring chances and fenwicks and are near the bottom of those categories.

The Isles don't win games because they are a great scoring team; in fact, they're one of the poorer offensive teams, so, maybe this is a better team to play Hutch against?

Hey, just throwin this out there !!!

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
I don't get Hutch starting..... but who knows? Maybe he has found a renewed confidence and another win may lead to us having an actually back up again. Confidence is huge for goalies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
don't play lazy and we win handedly.

time for that team to come crashing down to earth.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
If we hope to make the playoffs - Hutch has to win a couple of games for us. Let’s hope the boys show up. Show the Isles no mercy!!!

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
You may want to stop over reacting. Andersen has played a lot and there are no back to backs coming in a while, so he needs to get in eventually.
Freddy can't play literally every game this season.
We have like a 10 day break in 2 weeks, and have games against the Devils before the break and the Sens after. In fact it would've made more sense for Hutch to play against the Oilers Monday than today. We've already wasted way too many points this year, I don't really understand playing a guarantee loss against a good team.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
We have like a 10 day break in 2 weeks, and have games against the Devils before the break and the Sens after. In fact it would've made more sense for Hutch to play against the Oilers Monday than today. We've already wasted way too many points this year, I don't really understand playing a guarantee loss against a good team.
I mean maybe Hutch still plays those games? It also it isn't a guaranteed loss lol.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Andersen has had a heavy work load, and you need to play Hutchinson.
Pretty simple.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
About the game, Isles seem extra motivated against the Leafs. They know more eyes on on them than usual. But they've been playing meh lately. And they lost one of their top blueliners.

Best case scenario we can get them to try and play run and gun with us. Otherwise hopefully if they try and shut us down their injuries show.

Maybe they are going to try and mostly rest him for a month? Between xmas break and a lighter schedule and some meh teams, it's a good chance to give him a ton of rest and bring his projected games played down from 70 to 60.

Rest him into Feb and then slowly increase the work load. Try and replicate the way he plays in season where he can be meh in Feb and get hot near the end of March and into April.

Or maybe Freddy is banged up? There are always reasons for this.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Interesting experiment.

This definitely not a Babcock coached team anymore.

Reactions: kb

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Andersen should have to play every January game...that's what leads to 65+ games.

There are no back to backs in Jan.

Kingstondude84

Dec 22, 2019
Not happy about Hutch getting the start.

Also on paper that NYI team looks like a team that should as close to the bottom as they are to the top

I don't have a problem with it- Freddie has struggled the past 5, giving up 3 plus goals in 4 out of 5, and posting sub 900% in 3 of those. It seems Freddie is burning out a bit, you can't just ride him like a mule the rest of the way and expect good results, if he needs a breather, he needs a breather. Hutch isn't great either, but its not like the Isles are a good offensive squad given they are 23rd overall in GF, nothing wrong with starting him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad