GDT: Isles at CBJ - The St. Valentine's Day Massacre Edition

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Pretty big game. Playoff crowd wants to chase and catch NYI, this is a must win for that. OT/SO win hardly helps, but it at least keeps you in pace with WSH. A regulation loss, and the chasers become closer and closer.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Play like they did against Washington and it will be a walk in the park. The Isles played above their heads for awhile but are cooling off. Let's stump them into the ground.
Not sure I would call 6-2-2 in their last ten "cooling off". It is just two regulation losses in the last ten games. That said, they are struggling to score goals...just 20 goals in those ten games. They are leaning heavily on Lehner at the moment.

If we see the Bobs we saw in the Caps game two nights ago I like our chances but if he resorts back to the sh*t show he has been most of the season this game could be ugly. Should be a playoff like atmosphere...fans need to show up and be loud and rowdy...pay the Isles back for the loud and rowdy crowd they had vs us at the Nauseous Coliseum earlier this season (I had to turn the sound down on my TV they were so freakin' loud). And yes I meant to say Nauseous...I can because I grew up there. No idea how I ended up so normal after growing up on Long Island.

I say CBJ 3-1. We take a 2-1 lead deep into third period thanks to Beer and Bread and then Liam Foudy seals the W with the EN. As a second option in case Foudy can't make it I pick Bobs to surprise everyone and flip it down ice into the vacated goal for the win (or at least get an assist on the EN) :)

Dark Ambient

Darkness descends
Feb 4, 2018
Finland
'Canes fan here. No game for us tonight.
I was torn, for a while, - which team to cheer for. On one hand, we don't want the Islanders to pull too far ahead - on the other hand, we want to keep you guys, and Pittsburgh, close.

Life is full of choices - and none of them are good.

Reactions: Sore Loser

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I was torn, for a while, - which team to cheer for. On one hand, we don't want the Islanders to pull too far ahead - on the other hand, we want to keep you guys, and Pittsburgh, close.

Easy choice, always root for us, and against the Pens.

Dark Ambient

Darkness descends
Feb 4, 2018
Finland
Easy choice, always root for us, and against the Pens.
The only problem is - we would like to make the playoffs. The CBJ are one of the teams competing with us.
I'll cheer for the CBJ - just so the Islanders don't pull too far ahead. Keep the metro tight, and exciting.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

Imagine it ends up being a 3 points game!

Reactions: Dark Ambient

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I reaaaaaaally don't see how the Isles are as good as they are with a lineup like this. Trotz is a damn magician. Go jackets.

@AGrossNewsday: #Isles in warmups
Lee-Nelson-Eberle
Kuhnhackl-Barzal-Bailey
Beauvillier-Filppula-Komarov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Leddy-Boychuk
Pelech-Pulock
Toews-Mayfield
Greiss

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
You, sir - are a meanie.
And I will tell mom.
And you will be grounded.
And I will taunt you.

honestly, I think Canes are still 1-2 years away from being a PO team that can make noise.. I dont mean this in a bad way!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad