Staples Twitter: Isles acquire Nick Leddy & Simpson from CHI for Ville Pokka, T.J. Brennan & A.Nilsson

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This is like months and months of suppressed rage unleashing in non-Mod fury. :laugh: I love it.

LOL, pretty much. It doesn't help that I spent like a month straight in the hospital with assorted issues, I'm pissed and I can't hold it in anymore. Where's the fast forward button because I'm ready for the season to start right now!

Doing ok now BTW, thanks for the earlier shout out and to the others that have done the same.

Go Isles, F everyone else! :yo:

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
LOL, pretty much. It doesn't help that I spent like a month straight in the hospital with assorted issues, I'm pissed and I can't hold it in anymore. Where's the fast forward button because I'm ready for the season to start right now!

Doing ok now BTW, thanks for the earlier shout out and to the others that have done the same.

Go Isles, F everyone else! :yo:

Damn, I did not realize us forcing you to defecate for wins was deleterious to your health. (yes I got a new dictionary for my birthday :sarcasm:)

Feel better my friend.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Who cares about Buffalo? They are irrelevant and the joke of the NHL. They shamelessly have designs to tank so they can get the next shiny new prospect. Their fans have nothing to look forward to regarding their own team so they obsess over our team with the chance that they can get a good draft pick. While some of their fans actually have some class, there are so many of them on here that deserve all the misery and despair that they will be getting. They are so delusional and sour over the moves that have been made by Snow, they'll invent anything and cling to it to justify them getting some mythical draft pick that will hopefully save their franchise.

I hope we get out of the gate quickly so their hopes and dreams are dashed early. Their tears will be delicious. Otherwise, I won't give them a second of consideration unless we are playing them. I do hope Nolan works his magic so they don't get the #1 or #2 pick so we can incessantly squawk about it like they've been doing to us. I'm not usually a vindictive person, but the complete lack of class or respect of some of their fans has been absolutely appalling so pay back will be very, very, very, VERY sweet!

/rant

I laughed.

Welcome back PW.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I thought it was Florida, but either way I love that jab.

you could be right....I thought Garth might have made it known he wanted another forward and MIN dropped down thinking they would land de Haan...Doesn't matter now, they are both Islanders lol

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
We should be making moves to become a contender not give BUF a worse pick....

1000% correct, but one has to wonder how much the embarrassment of handing Buffalo the potential McDavid pick motivated the insane offseason we've been waiting for for 7 years...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
word is that the Wild really wanted de Haan but Garth swooped in and grabbed him...

Supposedly that's who Garth was giving the "Take that" face too in the de Haan draft video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWb9WOZyL8

Around the 1:22/23 mark is the Garth Snow **** you face

Seems unlikely to me. Doesn't feel right. If the Wild wanted deHaan they traded out of that pick when they could have just taken him.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Sucks that you guys still have Capuano.

He's on a short leash I suspect (more I hope). Anyway, I'll be interested to see what Capuano does with a legit team in front of him. Okposo and Nelson have both flourished under him. Many things I hate about Cappy but he could be a lot worse and I fear his replacement may be. We'll see, hopefully Snow will have the balls to fire him if he falters early.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Seems unlikely to me. Doesn't feel right. If the Wild wanted deHaan they traded out of that pick when they could have just taken him.

The same reason ppl here lost their minds when snow traded up to get someone at 12 who was ranked in the early 20s. They maybe thought they could get him later.

The rumor i heard is that the isles were worried about the panthers taking de haan.

Last edited:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
He's on a short leash I suspect (more I hope). Anyway, I'll be interested to see what Capuano does with a legit team in front of him. Okposo and Nelson have both flourished under him. Many things I hate about Cappy but he could be a lot worse and I fear his replacement may be. We'll see, hopefully Snow will have the balls to fire him if he falters early.

If I was Garth Snow I'd of fired him after watching this.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Funny thing I noticed about this trade. Kent Simpson was picked with an Islanders draft pick(58th) that Chicago got when we moved up to get Brock Nelson at 30(35 + 58 for 30)

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Funny thing I noticed about this trade. Kent Simpson was picked with an Islanders draft pick(58th) that Chicago got when we moved up to get Brock Nelson at 30(35 + 58 for 30)

Leddy was an Islander draft pick as well right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad