Post-Game Talk: Isles 6, Pens 3 - When Some Things Matter More Than a Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
A lot of PDO magic happened in a span of 5 minutes and sunk the game. Oh well. Sid and Geno and the new kids looked alright. Guentzel was wretched.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I picture Sully in his office with Recchi, slamming his fist on his desk............ "THAT DAMN SPRONG HAS COST A GAME FOR THE LAST........"!!! Recchi snaps to attention and repeats Sully's mantra.....'

Sprong's last game with the Pens.

Fun ride

Reactions: canadianguy77

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The only positive I'm taking from this is that Jake is going to get paid a lot less than some anticipated if he keeps this up.

Jake starting to look like a prototypical streaky forward. At least in the playoffs he has good streaks.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A lot of PDO magic happened in a span of 5 minutes and sunk the game. Oh well. Sid and Geno and the new kids looked alright. Guentzel was wretched.

The same with this team during parts of the winning streak. Credit to the Isles for making the most of their scoring chances, but the Pens need to play smarter.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins have won games this year where they've been outplayed. They lost tonight when they outplayed the Islanders. Tough ****, but oh well. A couple defensive breakdowns and opportune scoring by the Islanders gave them the game, crap happens.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Simon is streaking and Rust and Sprong look decent with each other so who else would they blame?

If you’re gonna be a below average defensive forward you’re gonna have to pot some gimmies. They’ll come, but he was trash tonight.

I mean he wasn't terribly noticeable tonight but it's not like he was losing us the game.

Last time I checked only Kessel had more ES goals on the Pens this year.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
I don’t know what was worst. The pens not scoring when they pulled the goalie for over two minutes, or the Islanders not getting an empty net goal. The pens had bad defensive breakdowns and mistakes tonight which lead to goals, and not being able to getting the puck out of their own zone due to the Islanders forecheck. If Letang is still out on Thursday night, I’d rather see Johnson on the first power play unit than #50. Still sucks giving up six goals against the Islanders, but great support by the pens and the fans in supporting the victims and families of the shooting at the Synagogue.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know it's not many people, but I'm surprised anyone is complaining about Johnson when I genuinely didn't notice him for 99% of the game. He was on the ice for 2 goals against, neither of which were even remotely on him, and he got called for a BS penalty. That's about all there was with him tonight, he didn't do poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad