Proposal: Islanders-Winnipeg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Isles don't need Trouba with Boychuk and Hamonic ensconced on RD.

Jets don't need Hamonic with Buff and Myers on RD.

I don't see any rationale for an Isles-Jets trade centered around Trouba.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Only if we decided we wanted Perreault on the wing. Strome would be our 4th best C at this point.

Perreault is better on the wing anyway, it frees him up from the downlow physical battles that he's not so strong with. Tbh I'd probably do this deal, I think it leaves the Jets better off

Laine - Scheifele - Ehlers
Perreault - Little - Wheeler
Connor - Strome - Stafford
Mathias - Bumistrov - Armia

Enstrom - Byfuglien
CDH - Myers
Morrissey - Postma
Stuart

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Isles don't need Trouba with Boychuk and Hamonic ensconced on RD.

Jets don't need Hamonic with Buff and Myers on RD.

I don't see any rationale for an Isles-Jets trade centered around Trouba.

Agreed. As I stated before, I see no trade between these teams if Trouba is involved

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Arthur Staple in his Twitter comments , reported the isles were not interested in trading for Trouba shortly after the Winnipeg press wrote about his contract demands.

:facepalm:

The one time his supposed demands were published, Trouba's agent immediately refuted the story.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/jacob-troubas-agent-denies-report-about-7m-asking-price/

His actual contract ask has never been published, due that Chevy and Overhardt have a deal to not negotiate in the press.

Ooops.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You are. So is everyone else who claims to know something about Trouba's negotiations. No one knows anything. Neither Overhardt nor Chevy have said ANYTHING apart from "we are negotiating". You, just like anyone else can't possible know any numbers, any issues, preferences etc. Unless some info leaks out (which is extremely unlikely, given the recent comments by Chevy, telling that negotiations are a sacred process and should be kept as a secret), everything is just speculation. It doesn't matter what Snow said; he couldn't have known it for a fact. Purely speculation, that's what this is all about.

I am not claiming inside knowledge on Trouba's contract demands.

I am pointing out that Trouba was named as one of several high end, young blueliners Snow wanted in exchange for Hamonic. That it was only after the Canadian press reported Trouba s contract demands and his agent's history of messy contract dsputes, that the N.Y. press reported the isles no longer wanted to trade for Trouba. That is not speculation on my part.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

I am pointing out that Trouba was named as one of several high end, young blueliners Snow wanted in exchange for Hamonic. That it was only after the Canadian press reported Trouba s contract demands and his agent's history of messy contract dsputes, that the N.Y. press reported the isles no longer wanted to trade for Trouba. That is not speculation on my part.

that's impossible because snow is a smart man and he would never name a player or players by name that he would want in a trade because that's tampering. try again.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

The one time his supposed demands were published, Trouba's agent immediately refuted the story.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/14/jacob-troubas-agent-denies-report-about-7m-asking-price/

His actual contract ask has never been published, due that Chevy and Overhardt have a deal to not negotiate in the press.

Ooops.

I get that repeated point.

Do you get mine, that the isles reportedly changed their minds on pursuing a Trouba to N.Y. trade , only after the press reported Winnipeg was having difficulty signing Trouba and that his agent has a rep or messy contract disputes?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I get that repeated point.

Do you get mine, that the isles reportedly changed their minds on pursuing a Trouba to N.Y. trade , only after the press reported Winnipeg was having difficulty signing Trouba and that his agent has a rep or messy contract disputes?

Where was it ever reported that Winnipeg was having difficulty signing Trouba? A fictional contract ask was published at mid-season, and that caused the Islanders to change their minds about pursuing a player that has never been offered out in trade? Seems like a stretch, LOL. Do the Islanders base all of their decisions upon newspaper stories?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Isles reportedly soured on Trrouba for Hamonic , after Trouba' s contract demands became public. Cannot see the nyi front office wanting to deal with Trouba' s rep, who has the mo of messy contract disputes.

The red part is false, the green part is speculation. I called you out because of stating something which HAS NOT been proven by either party, while you insist on it being true. As for the green part, it's understandable to not want to deal with Overhardt, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's speculation to think that your team won't want to do so.

Still waiting for the link, btw.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
that's impossible because snow is a smart man and he would never name a player or players by name that he would want in a trade because that's tampering. try again.

You were not on this board last Nov.when sources like McKenzie,E. Friedman,LeBrun were reporting Trouba and Nurse were high on Snow's wishlist for a Hamonic trade?

Snow did not have to leak names to the press. When he shopped Hamonic around the league and asked for kids like Nurse/Trouba the press was all over the story
Does not mean the closed mouth Snow was talking to the press. Could very well have been coming from the Canadian teams front offices or beat writers.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Where was it ever reported that Winnipeg was having difficulty signing Trouba? A fictional contract ask was published at mid-season, and that caused the Islanders to change their minds about pursuing a player that has never been offered out in trade? Seems like a stretch, LOL. Do the Islanders base all of their decisions upon newspaper stories?

Both Friedman and Lawless have reported on the Jets concern with Trouba's contract demands.
And Isles decisions are most likely based on

1. Can they meet the other team's asking price? Are they able to give up the top talent the trade would cost?

2. What are the contract demands? Are they going to fit into the isles budget? Is a holdout a possibility?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The red part is false, the green part is speculation. I called you out because of stating something which HAS NOT been proven by either party, while you insist on it being true. As for the green part, it's understandable to not want to deal with Overhardt, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's speculation to think that your team won't want to do so.

Still waiting for the link, btw.

I have already told you to use the HF search feature.. Plenty of discussion took place after the press reported the isles no longer wanted to trade for Trouba

https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/i...ing-travis-hamonic-for-jacob-trouba/164376870

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Both Friedman and Lawless have reported on the Jets concern with Trouba's contract demands.

The Jets don't talk to reporters in those terms about contractual negotiations, FYI, but rather offer a blanket "we don't comment about ongoing negotiations", so am unsure as such how Lawless or Friedman could make such claims.

Neither Trouba's contract ask nor any comment from the Jets regarding how they view the negotiations has ever been published.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
You were not on this board last Nov.when sources like McKenzie,E. Friedman,LeBrun were reporting Trouba and Nurse were high on Snow's wishlist for a Hamonic rade?

Snow did not have to leak names to the press. When he shopped Hamonic around the league and asked for kids like Nurse/Trouba the press was all over the story
Does not mean the closed mouth Snow was talking to the press. Could very well have been coming from the Canadian teams front offices or heat writers.

so in the early fall
hamonic asks for trade
snow wants trouba
trouba wants arm and leg from jets
jets don't want to pay trouba but isles don't know what trouba wants cause its still fall.
snow calls chevy asks about trouba months before article about trouba demands.
why doesn't deal get done?
because chevy doesnt want to trade trouba.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I have already told you to use the HF search feature.. Plenty of discussion took place after the press reported the isles no longer wanted to trade for Trouba

https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/i...ing-travis-hamonic-for-jacob-trouba/164376870

Don't see any reliable links there. Admit it, you were wrong. Trouba's demands have not been released in public by his camp or by the Jets. No matter how you slice it, or whatever Snow said, it hasn't happened.

BTW, whoever this Graziano guy is, smh @ him. "The Jets would trade Trouba for Hamonic in a second and wouldn't look back" Yeah, another RHD to the mix, that's what we need. I take he's just another one of these HFB style "I know my team well, therefore I know that all of my team's players are better than yours" posters.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
so in the early fall
hamonic asks for trade
snow wants trouba
trouba wants arm and leg from jets
jets don't want to pay trouba but isles don't know what trouba wants cause its still fall.
snow calls chevy asks about trouba months before article about trouba demands.
why doesn't deal get done?
because chevy doesnt want to trade trouba.

Could very well be that Chevy does not want to trade Trouba.

This thread asked for feedback on a potential Trouble to Lzi trade. I pointed out the reasons I doubt the isles would pursue a Trouba to LI trade.,

1. Cost in terms of talent traded for Trouba.
2. Rumored contract demands.
3. Agent with a bulldog rep for messy contract disputes.

Isles blueline is not a weakness or question mark. The crowded goal and changes among the forwards are the question marks.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Don't see any reliable links there. Admit it, you were wrong. Trouba's demands have not been released in public by his camp or by the Jets. No matter how you slice it, or whatever Snow said, it hasn't happened.

BTW, whoever this Graziano guy is, smh @ him. "The Jets would trade Trouba for Hamonic in a second and wouldn't look back" Yeah, another RHD to the mix, that's what we need. I take he's just another one of these HFB style "I know my team well, therefore I know that all of my team's players are better than yours" posters.

Go down to the isles section, where Staple"s report that the isles have no interest in tradingHamonic for Trouba
Later the other N.Y. press would report Staple's comments.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/rumors-travis-hamonic-winnipeg-jets/2016/02/13/

iggy

Aug 2, 2005

Does it really have to be reported?
If they were not having difficulty signing him he would already be signed by now.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Ooops.

What a gong show that media circus was around Campbell's article. Buff signed for 40% less than Campbell's reported ask. Friedman chimed in saying progress with Ladd, who was subsequently traded. Trouba's agent broke from his cone of silence to state that the numbers reported for Trouba were false. So, the media went 0 for 3 on those pending free agents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad