Proposal: Islanders-Winnipeg

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
To Winnipeg--de Hann, Strome, 2017 2nd

To Islanders--Trouba

de Hann is a young cheap left handed top 4 defenseman signed for the next 2 years.

Strome is a young cheap center that had 50 points in his rookie year but was misused last season. Will bounce back when he plays his natural center position.

It looks like Winnipeg will have to trade Trouba due to contract disputes.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I don't know that Strome is what they are looking for, as far as a C. But what do I know, I'm a Florida fan from BC.

Not bad value all together. But I'd expect other teams to offer more enticing main pieces. And given the price being placed on top-4 guys the offers could be higher than expected (or sane).

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Winnipeg should take it and run. De Haan is a fine second pair LHD. Strome on top of that is overkill.

Come to think of it this makes no sense for the Islanders unless they're planning on unloading another RHD. Pulock coming in on top of Boychuk and Hamonic.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2112167

My source was right here on these boards. Maybe they aren't saying they have to trade him but it sure looks like a lot of obstacles in the way of signing him to where they might have to trade him.

So, nothing then. His contract negotiations are being done in private as the GM and the agent reportedly have a deal to not negotiate in the press. No one has any idea whether or not there are "a lot of obstacles in the way of signing him" or that "Winnipeg will have to trade Trouba due to contract disputes" - contrary to your claims in this thread.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
So, nothing then. His contract negotiations are being done in private as the GM and the agent reportedly have a deal to not negotiate in the press. No one has any idea whether or not there are "a lot of obstacles in the way of signing him" or that "Winnipeg will have to trade Trouba due to contract disputes" - contrary to your claims in this thread.

Brennan Klak ‎@nhlupdate

"They're apart on term, they're apart on money, they're apart on usage" - Gary Lawless on WPG negotiations with Jacob Trouba. #Jets

8:10 PM - 2 Aug 2016

I don't know who this guy is. Is he talking out of his ass or is his negotiations not so private?

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Does the Isles really need Trouba? We already have 4 RHD in Hamonic, Boychuk, Pulock and Mayfield.
I wouldnt do that trade.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I don't know who this guy is. Is he talking out of his ass or is his negotiations not so private?

Lawless is a local reporter that was clearly speculating. Paul Maurice said one month prior that the Jets intended to use him in the #1 pair this season - so his usage speculation appears to be well off the mark.

That tweet is also one month old. Regardless, it is entirely plausible that, even if that report was accurate at the time, they've since moved closer on terms.

Elliotte Friedman doesn't appear to think they are in any hurry at all to move him:
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/drafting-laine-complicated-potential-trouba-trade-talks/

Aug 10, 2015
Strome is a young cheap center that had 50 points in his rookie year but was misused last season. Will bounce back when he plays his natural center position.

I'm not sure how you can say that Strome is a "cheap" centre when as of today he is an unsigned RFA. If you think he is going to be cheap....why haven't they signed him already....and if you think he will be cheap because he is RFA (and presumably has no negotiating rights), then by that logic Trouba is a cheap option on defense.

I think Strome will sign a bridge deal that is considerably less than Trouba signs for, but it seems a guess at this point to refer to him as a 'cheap' option.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

"They're apart on term, they're apart on money, they're apart on usage" - Gary Lawless on WPG negotiations with Jacob Trouba. #Jets

Lawless also clarified on multiple occasions that that are not far apart on any of those things.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016

To Islanders--Trouba

de Hann is a young cheap left handed top 4 defenseman signed for the next 2 years.

Mayfield and strome maybe

Whileee

May 29, 2010
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2112167

My source was right here on these boards. Maybe they aren't saying they have to trade him but it sure looks like a lot of obstacles in the way of signing him to where they might have to trade him.

Being apart in a negotiation doesn't mean they need to trade him. Every negotiation starts with the sides apart, then they close the gap and find an agreement.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
The Jets don't need to do anything at all. Our offence has improved immeasurably since last season, and Hellebuyck should be starting in goal this year. If Trouba would rather sit, we'll live. I would obviously prefer he were with us, but if not, it won't pressure Chevy into a deal he doesn't like.

As to the OP, I sure don't hate it. Value-wise, it's one of the better ones I've seen so far.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Strome - Little
Connor - Perreault - Dano/Petan/Stafford
Matthias - Lowry - Stafford/Dano/Petan

That lineup would do some serious damage!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets don't need to do anything at all. Our offence has improved immeasurably since last season, and Hellebuyck should be starting in goal this year. If Trouba would rather sit, we'll live. I would obviously prefer he were with us, but if not, it won't pressure Chevy into a deal he doesn't like.

As to the OP, I sure don't hate it. Value-wise, it's one of the better ones I've seen so far.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Strome - Little
Connor - Perreault - Dano/Petan/Stafford
Matthias - Lowry - Stafford/Dano/Petan

That lineup would do some serious damage!

Strome would not be the Jets #2C. He's a long way from Little in quality. At best he'd be a 2nd or 3rd line winger

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Strome would not be the Jets #2C. He's a long way from Little in quality. At best he'd be a 2nd or 3rd line winger

Strome would easily be our third line center. He had a 50 point year in 2014-2015, Strome is pretty underrated.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No chance whatsoever. And it doesn't even make sense for the Isles either. A horribly thought out proposal.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006

To Islanders--Trouba

Why would Islanders give up the farm to overpay for a player who has much to prove and wants proven money? Why exactly do the Islanders need another Defenseman? Boychuk/Leddy/Hamonic/De Haan/Hickey/ Pulock/mayfield/ Pelech.

What the Islander are in need of is a proven 2 line right winger not named Bailey or Strome! Josh Ho Sang might get that chance if no proven is traded for.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

To Islanders--Trouba

Isles reportedly soured on Trrouba for Hamonic , after Trouba' s contract demands became public. Cannot see the nyi front office wanting to deal with Trouba' s rep, who has the mo of messy contract disputes.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Isles reportedly soured on Trrouba for Hamonic , after Trouba' s contract demands became public. Cannot see the nyi front office wanting to deal with Trouba' s rep, who has the mo of messy contract disputes.

Could you please provide a link? A link which inclues a quote from Trouba's camp or Winnipeg's FO, that is.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Any confirmed sources on Stromes contract demands?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad