Pre-Game Talk: Islanders VS Leafs. Back to back encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Gunnarsson should be playing, but let's not kid ourselves, Carl has been downright awful the last 2 games.

He was against Buffalo, but I disagree about last night. Facing a pretty tough lineup, he didn't make any glaring errors. He also played 19 minutes, blocked 2 shots, and was a +3. Not a bad line for someone playing downright awful.

Asif16*

Komisarek and Fraser were getting in extra work after practice this morning. Does this mean Komi will not play today? If thats the case id be a little disappointed. He has played good. If theres anyone who should be out becuase of their performance so far it should be Gunner. Even though he was solid last night.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I'm 99% sure it wasn't a loss. The Isles were playing the Devils. NJ played Clemmensen because they clinched a birth and they just **** the bed against the Isles. They started playing in the last few minutes of the game and actually tied the Isles but NY won in a shoot-out, the extra point knocked us out of the playoffs.

They scored in the last two minutes, but they (being the Devils) played hard throughout.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Looking forward to seeing more of the JvR-Grabo-Kulemin line. Hopefully they can keep it going tonight.

MrPiff17

Bay St. Bullies
Feb 22, 2009
the 416
Komisarek and Fraser were getting in extra work after practice this morning. Does this mean Komi will not play today? If thats the case id be a little disappointed. He has played good. If theres anyone who should be out becuase of their performance so far it should be Gunner. Even though he was solid last night.

I agree.

Baba Ganoush

Dec 8, 2009

agreed. Komisarek leads the team in +/- despite not having any points...so that's gotta say something.

i'm hoping for this tonight.

Mac - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Komarov - Kadri - Frattin
Brown - McClement - Orr
Steckel

(or move Steckel to C, McC to LW, and Brown to RW)

Phaneuf - Kostka
Gardiner - Liles
Gunnarsson - Komisarek
Franson/Fraser

i'd like to see Franson in the lineup but not sure who you take out.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Will James Van Riemsdyk be taking Lupul's spot and playin on the top line with Kessel and Bozak?

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
I know it wont happen but tonight I would like to see:

Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Frattin
JVR-Kadri-Komarov

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Bozak has taken 41.4% of the leafs faceoffs. That is the highest percentage of a teams faceoffs in the NHL. Carlyle showing lots of faith in him at the dot. Also he must be liking his play on the ice too. Bozak played over 23 minutes last night and has on average played 21:25 a night. That is good for 11th out of all forwards in the NHL.

Bozak also has the most shifts out of all forwards in the NHL. Phaneuf taken the most shifts in the NHL. Kostka the 5th most shifts in the NHL.

MrPiff17

Bay St. Bullies
Feb 22, 2009
the 416
I agree that JVR should get another game with the same linemates as last night, it worked out well

But I'm not opposed to sticking him with Bozak and Kessel, I don't think he would mind either, a big bodied left handed shot that Kessel hasn't had yet with him, and someone who can drive to the net with Kessels shot... And if Kessel draws double teams, JVR can pot some too

At least until Lupul is healthy, but either way I'm fine with him playin on Grabs line or Bozaks line, as long as he produces

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Will be interesting to see if Carlyle continues with this early trend of his go-to players.

Bozak
- Taken 41.4% of the leafs faceoffs (highest percentage of a teams faceoffs in the NHL)
- Played 21:25 per game so far on average (good for 11th out of all forwards)
- Taken the most shifts out of all forwards in the NHL (2nd in shifts per game)
- 3:13 PK time per game, 29th most out of all forwards.

McClemant
- 5:10 PK time per game. Good for 1st in the NHL out of all forwards.

Kuelmin
- 3:42 PK time per game. Good for 11th out of all forwards.
- Tied for 3rd for most shifts out of all forwards (tied for 10th in shifts per game)

Phaneuf
- 4:46 PK time per game, that is 10th out of all defensemen.
- 5:28 PP time per game, 10th out of all defensemen.
- 27:04 time on ice per game, 7th out of all players
- 110 shifts so far this season, most in the NHL (he also has the highest shifts per game)

Kostka
- 5th most shifts in the NHL (8th most shifts per game)
- 5:44 PP time per game, 6th out of all defensemen
- 24:25 time on ice per game, 21st out of all players

Kyle Doobas*

Bozak has taken 41.4% of the leafs faceoffs. That is the highest percentage of a teams faceoffs in the NHL. Carlyle showing lots of faith in him at the dot. Also he must be liking his play on the ice too. Bozak played over 23 minutes last night and has on average played 21:25 a night. That is good for 11th out of all forwards in the NHL.

Bozak also has the most shifts out of all forwards in the NHL. Phaneuf taken the most shifts in the NHL. Kostka the 5th most shifts in the NHL.
Bozak has always been a good player - strong on the backcheck, gets the job done in both ends of the ice, wins draws and can be trusted in all situations. I'm not surprised Carlyle likes him so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad