Pre-Game Talk: Islanders VS Leafs. Back to back encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear The Phil

Jul 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm watching the morning skate now. Rick St Croix working on Reimers positioning and his coverage on the side of the net (where Malkin scored) . Nice to see the improvement hopefully he gets a shot Saturday at least.

Just out of curiosity, who has St Croix worked with in the past? Hopefully he can get Reimer and Scrivvy into a legit tandem.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
We'll see how consistent they are this year.

In the last couple years, the Leafs would win a big game but lay an absolute dud the next day of a back to back.

You can't look past any opponent in this league and the Islanders are no exception. They always give us a run for our money, especially Matt Moulson.

So hopefully they can limit the scoring chances once again.

Classic Toronto.

Beat a world class team one night, get blown out by bottom feeders the next night. Hopefully that's a trend that has changed! We've looked better defensively, so that's a promising sign (granted 3 games, small sample size).

Absolutely. A solid win tonight would be a good indication that this team may be on the verge of turning the corner.

If they come home and s**t the bed though, we could be in for another losing season.

It would be good night for Kessel to pot a couple.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I really like Kostka and he's even got 3 points in 3 games, but he's not #1PP material.

Time to give Gardiner or Liles that role already. IF we can't get good opportunities on a 5 on 3, you know your PP sucks.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I'm getting a bit tired of Kostka getting first PP duties over Liles.

One of the reasons your seeing this is because Phanuef is a Left handed shot and Kostka is a Right handed shot and Liles is also a Left handed shot, so having two Lefts, either Phanuef or Liles will be playing on the wrong point.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Notable guys...

Ed Belfour and Manny Fernandez in Dallas

Cory Schneider and Curtis Sanford in Manitoba

Not bad, of course Eddie the Eagle was a beast before Dallas, but Schneids? Hmm hmm interesting alright alright...

As far as the Isles go, they are the laughing stock of the league. Let's kick their *****, impress El Nino and have that Swiss cheese join the Leafs baby!

Back to back kick ass mode!

JMcLeaf

CarlyleWhiteboardStruggle.gif

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
Starting Scrivens is the right choice for three reasons:

1). He did nothing in his two starts to not warrant another start.

2). Reimer played his first game in almost a year last night. A back to back right off the start isn't a good way to get him back into the lineup.

3). It's a competition for the number one job. Reimer had a good game last night so Scrivens should have lots of motivation to go in there tonight and equal Reimer's game from last night.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
One of the reasons your seeing this is because Phanuef is a Left handed shot and Kostka is a Right handed shot and Liles is also a Left handed shot, so having two Lefts, either Phanuef or Liles will be playing on the wrong point.

This.

I would put Phaneuf in front of the net with Liles at the point

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
I really like Kostka and he's even got 3 points in 3 games, but he's not #1PP material.

Time to give Gardiner or Liles that role already. IF we can't get good opportunities on a 5 on 3, you know your PP sucks.
Gardiner looked like he came back too early last night. he will earn the PP time soon. give him a game or two.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Really curious who starts in net today. My guess is Scrivens.

Honestly, I think Carlyle's taken most of the fun out of that game. I don't think it makes much of a difference which goalie starts on any given night, as long as we can play solid team defense in front of them. For the record, I think it'll be Scrivens.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
nothing wrong with that. in fact, if you watch, you'll see the D often switch sides. this is for the 1 timer. if Liles and Phaneuf are out there together Phaneuf is going to be on the right side for the shot and passes coming from Liles.

remember Kaberle and McCabe?

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
nothing wrong with that. in fact, if you watch, you'll see the D often switch sides. this is for the 1 timer. if Liles and Phaneuf are out there together Phaneuf is going to be on the right side for the shot and passes coming from Liles.

remember Kaberle and McCabe?

Kaberle didnt shoot one-timers though. It was either a pass accross to McCabe, his own shot on net, or a pass down low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad