Pre-Game Talk: Islanders VS Leafs. Back to back encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
MacA isnt a number one.Kadri will get Kessel going.

Okay, Kadri has been successful where he is. Mac has practiced with Bozak and Kessel. So for at least tonight, Mac should be with Kessel and Bozak.

Also, no one said Mac is a top line winger, however Grabo, JVR and Kulemin had a great night, so we don't want to split them up. Kadri is doing good at #3 C, Komarov isn't a top line winger. So that leaves MacArthur....

Could we see Kadri on with Kessel and Bozak down the road if Lupul is gone for 6-8 weeks.... maybe

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Well if they are learning from mistakes maybe they should go ahead and retire Phaneuf's slapshot before anyone else gets hurt.

Let's hope that you are right though and that they will learn from their mistakes in this coming game. If this team is going to take a step forward this year have got to win all the games they can. Hope Carlyle can keep them honest and taking the Islanders seriously.

I am a big supporter of Lupul's talent but that doesn't mean we should be sour about phaneuf's shot being strong as advertised. It was unfortunate but by my count so far three of phaneuf's shot has lead to a goal and we need him to get that form back again as we have no other D with that shot. Plus it helps we actually have a defense oriented coach that was a norris trophy winner.

Playoffs or not all I can hope for is Kessel continues to play his defensive game he's showing and become better and learn to score some garbage goal and our player like Kadri become beter.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Think the lines could be

Mac Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kulemin
Frattin Kadri Komorov
Brown McClemment Steckel

Phaneuf - Kostka
Gardiner - Liles
Franson - Komisarek

Orr/Gunnarsson take a day of rest

This seems reasonable, I think Orr stays in though.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
The Isles offense looked unbelievably good in the 1st/2nd period against the Lightning. They were fluid and basically unstoppable, super impressive. That said, they lapsed for 10 mins in the 3rd and almost lost the game(again).
I think it is going to be hard for us to beat you guys, ESPECIALLY if DP is in the net. I think you guys are going to have to beat yourselves.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No chance Kadri moves to the wing to replace Lupul.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Isles offense looked unbelievably good in the 1st/2nd period against the Lightning. They were fluid and basically unstoppable, super impressive. That said, they lapsed for 10 mins in the 3rd and almost lost the game(again).
I think it is going to be hard for us to beat you guys, ESPECIALLY if DP is in the net. I think you guys are going to have to beat yourselves.

Thanks for the insight..... how is Tavares doing?

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
Would it be better to have Frattin be inserted into the 3rd line on the wing of The Human Krayon, or to have him inserted into the left wing where Lupul was? Because Frattin seemed to show good chemistry with Kadri on the Marlies. Yet who would play top line then?

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Thanks for the insight..... how is Tavares doing?

To be honest, he has been good. There are a few things he has done better so far compared to last year... his shot looks better. He has been a great set up man, but the first two games he has shown a bit more of a goal scorers play (even though he has no goals).
Also, to be honest, if you knew nothing about the Islanders at all and watch the first two games, you would think Grabner is our "star" player. He is one of the fastest in the league, but I dont know if its from playing overseas and it will wear off as others get there mojo back, but he seems to be a step ahead of everyone.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To be honest, he has been good. There are a few things he has done better so far compared to last year... his shot looks better. He has been a great set up man, but the first two games he has shown a bit more of a goal scorers play (even though he has no goals).
Also, to be honest, if you knew nothing about the Islanders at all and watch the first two games, you would think Grabner is our "star" player. He is one of the fastest in the league, but I dont know if its from playing overseas and it will wear off as others get there mojo back, but he seems to be a step ahead of everyone.

Yeah, I love Grabner, has speed to kill. Him and Tavares can grow to be a deadly duo. I really think this could be the season where Tavares "breaks out" and has a real great season.

What about Nabby? Does he look to have any of his magic back that he had in San Jose?

Leafer220

Nov 23, 2011
MacArthur - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Komarov - Kadri - Brown
McClement - Steckel - Orr

If Frattin doesn't get called up, I think you go with that. They should also stick with the same D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Komarov - Kadri - Brown

If Frattin doesn't get called up, I think you go with that. They should also stick with the same D

Kadri with Brown and Komarov :help:

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Komarov - Kadri - Brown

McClement gets bumped up to third line minutes. He is strong along the boards and can atleast cycle, you lose this with Brown being slotted in on the third line.

SteveV*

TSN reports a number 39 water bottle present on the bench for optional skate! Frattin it is I guess.

MY GUESS:

Kessel Bozak JVR
Kulemin Grabo Mac
Kom Kadri Frattin

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
According to TSN 1050 it appears the Leafs have called up Matt Frattin.

The basis..... A water bottle with the number 39 (Frattin's number) on it lol

take it for what it is worth

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It was a given it would be Frattin or Connolly. Frattin slots in for Lupul.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I wonder how they will put Franson into the lineup. And I really hope steckel isn't slotted into tonights game...we lose if him/connolly play.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
According to TSN 1050 it appears the Leafs have called up Matt Frattin.

The basis..... A water bottle with the number 39 (Frattin's number) on it lol

take it for what it is worth

Lol. Carlyle must be going nuts trying to keep secrets with the media attention. All water bottles to be coded until game time in future.

Leafer220

Nov 23, 2011
TSN reports a number 39 water bottle present on the bench for optional skate! Frattin it is I guess.

MY GUESS:

Kessel Bozak JVR
Kulemin Grabo Mac
Kom Kadri Frattin

As much as Kessel needs a big body to play with, JVR isn't coming off Grabovski's line after last night.

Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
Brown - McClement - Orr

To start, I think

Carlton St Cashbox

Jan 8, 2013
I predict that Kessel will get a goal tonight. Leave Reimer in net. I'm more comfortable with him in there. I respect the Isles talent. They have a lot of dangerous players. It's going to be a close game but we should pull through. GO LEAFS GO!

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010

MY GUESS:

Kessel Bozak JVR
Kulemin Grabo Mac
Kom Kadri Frattin

Wow that 2nd and 3rd line on the forecheck.. Komarov and Frattin are beasts on forechecking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad