Pre-Game Talk: Islanders VS Leafs. Back to back encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
I can do better:

Kadri Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabovski Kulemin
MacArthur McClement Komarov
Brown Steckel Orr / Frattin

Good way to work Steckel back in the lineup.

Orr could be sitting after a big fight last night, Frattin could slot in for him and work his way back in the lineup.

I think there's a small chance Connolly is back too. If he is called up instead of Frattin, he could center the third line.

yeah, no.

keep kadri at C and keep steckel in the pressbox

and why call up frattin just to shove him in the 4th line?

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
JVR/Grabo/Kuli was so dominant last night, i'd imagine they have to keep them together. C-Mac can cover the 1st line I think.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Classic Toronto.

Beat a world class team one night, get blown out by bottom feeders the next night. Hopefully that's a trend that has changed! We've looked better defensively, so that's a promising sign (granted 3 games, small sample size).

We are a team that's learning from the mistakes and we are finally having the fruits of labour slowly being played. Aka Kadri, Gardiner, Holzer, Frattin and reimer and so on. Gotta keep doing it, and also shows why Dion is still a number one even though people are stubborn to admit it.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Not saying that this is what it will be, but I'd like to see:

Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Mac
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Brown-McClement-Orr

Get Kule in the dirty areas to free up the puck along the boards and in the corners for Kessel and Bozak. Worked in Bozaks rookie season very well.

My thought process was simply moving JVR up with Kessel, Mac with Grabo and then slot Frattin in the third but I think that's a pretty good lineup and wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

I'd love for Komarov to score tonight. I'm curious to see if he'll have some exaggerated celebration, especially in front of a home crowd :laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not saying that this is what it will be, but I'd like to see:

Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Mac
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin
Brown-McClement-Orr

Get Kule in the dirty areas to free up the puck along the boards and in the corners for Kessel and Bozak. Worked in Bozaks rookie season very well.

I like this.

KiwiPuck217

Dec 10, 2009
Think the lines could be

Mac Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kulemin
Frattin Kadri Komorov
Brown McClemment Steckel

Phaneuf - Kostka
Gardiner - Liles
Franson - Komisarek

Orr/Gunnarsson take a day of rest

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Classic Toronto.

Beat a world class team one night, get blown out by bottom feeders the next night. Hopefully that's a trend that has changed! We've looked better defensively, so that's a promising sign (granted 3 games, small sample size).

The reason to be more optimistic is Carlyle and his system. Skepticism is natural given the Leafs history, BUT come on, they just BEAT DOWN Crosby, and freakin Malkin! Keep up this show for 3 more games, and we will be right to EXPECT this going forward.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
We are a team that's learning from the mistakes and we are finally having the fruits of labour slowly being played. Aka Kadri, Gardiner, Holzer, Frattin and reimer and so on. Gotta keep doing it, and also shows why Dion is still a number one even though people are stubborn to admit it.
Well if they are learning from mistakes maybe they should go ahead and retire Phaneuf's slapshot before anyone else gets hurt.

Let's hope that you are right though and that they will learn from their mistakes in this coming game. If this team is going to take a step forward this year have got to win all the games they can. Hope Carlyle can keep them honest and taking the Islanders seriously.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hope gards is on pp today.

technically he was with Liles on PP unit #2, but they barely hit the ice (when they did they couldn't get set up)

I'm sure tonight he will get more time, since the rust is off now (hopefully)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
About me,but he has more than you for sure.

Didn't you whine about having Orr in the lineup?

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you just say one can't say Carlyle has more smarts then you?

He has more smarts then EVERYONE HERE

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Think the lines could be

Mac Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabo Kulemin
Frattin Kadri Komorov
Brown McClemment Steckel

Phaneuf - Kostka
Gardiner - Liles
Franson - Komisarek

Orr/Gunnarsson take a day of rest

This would be ideal. Franson deserves a game.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
As i said in the post game thread just insert Frattin into Lupul's spot and run with the same lines.

Let the 2 other lines gel and get consistent cause once Lupul comes back he goes back onto the Kessel line. So why mess up 3 lines to fix 1.

Frattin just has to play gritty dig pucks out and play a strong board game to create room for Bozak and Kessel. The 2 other lines can chip in offensively so no need to worry about the Bozak line doing all the scoring.

If by the time Lupul comes back and Frattin is playing well then you slot him on a line with McClement and Brown and then you have a 4th line that can create some havoc ala Bruins 4th line. Orr can get into games where he is needed.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I have no doubts that Reimer will eventually take over the #1 spot, but I can't see Carlyle going back-to-back nights while James is still getting back into game shape. Scriv will most likely handle duties this evening.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looking at the rest on January, we play Islanders, Rangers, Sabres and Capitals still.

It looks tough, but I think we can go 3-1 if we keep playing the way we are. 5-2 start is pretty good for a short season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad