Proposal: Islanders / Senators

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The
I'm not a Senators fan btw, but I doubt they touch Boychuk unless there's some incentive attached.

Anyhow, pointless debate at this point.

The incentive would be EITHER the $10m in actual cash saved by moving Zaitsev or the nyi first rounder Ottawa would get.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The

The incentive would be EITHER the $10m in actual cash saved by moving Zaitsev or the nyi first rounder Ottawa would get.
Ya, it seems that the HF experts are seeing a greater need to move Zaitsev than the Senators perhaps. Zaitsev averaged over 22 minutes per game, the 2nd highest time on ice for the team. They'd still need to fill his slot if they moved him and his replacement wasn't going to be Boychuk, so not sure what the real savings would be. I was thinking incentives in terms of pick or prospect versus just salary. Look how Tyler Johnson (a better player than Boychuk at their respective stages of their careers) cleared waivers and no teams picked up him and his $5 m salary up for free and what the Rangers needed to do to move Marc Staal.

Arguing with you will be like beating a dead horse though, and is even more completely futile given Boychuk's eye injury, and going on LTIR (or retiring).

:deadhorse

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ya, it seems that the HF experts are seeing a greater need to move Zaitsev than the Senators perhaps. Zaitsev averaged over 22 minutes per game, the 2nd highest time on ice for the team. They'd still need to fill his slot if they moved him and his replacement wasn't going to be Boychuk, so not sure what the real savings would be. I was thinking incentives in terms of pick or prospect versus just salary. Look how Tyler Johnson (a better player than Boychuk at their respective stages of their careers) cleared waivers and no teams picked up him and his $5 m salary up for free and what the Rangers needed to do to move Marc Staal.

Arguing with you will be like beating a dead horse though, and is even more completely futile given Boychuk's eye injury, and going on LTIR (or retiring).

If the isles needed Zaitsev,then he would have positive value to them. They don't want or need him and his $18m salary makes him a cap dump due $18m in cash
Boychuk & Uncle Leo would be cap dumps due $8.5m in cash.

A straight up trade of Boychuk & Uncle Leo for Zaitsev would have saved Ottawa $10m in actual cash and opened $4.5m in cap space for the Isles.

What is so hard to understand that the isles would not have tossed in a 1st rounder on top of spending the extra $10m ?
Pure fantasy to think Ottawa would have gotten $10m in savings + a 1st rounder.

Reactions: goal1228

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Ya, that's a good point. Does Ottawa currently have a decent defender on their roster that could take Zaitsev's role and 22 minutes/game? I'm not a Senators fan, hence I needed to ask the question.

They'd still have to pay the replacement something if they couldn't fill the open slot from within, hence any potential savings could dwindle (maybe disappear).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad