Islanders Owners: Scott Malkin & Jon Ledecky

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Has that garbage that Larry Brooks has been spewing about Scott Malkin forbidding Snow from trading Tavares at the TDL ever been verified?
According to a Botta article,Tavares told the isles before the TDL not to trade him.
He repeatedly said how much he loved it on LI and wanted to spend his entire career with the nyi.

We really blame Malkin & Ledecky because our ex-captain was a liar and bull*******?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
According to a Botta article,Tavares told the isles before the TDL not to trade him.
He repeatedly said how much he loved it on LI and wanted to spend his entire career with the nyi.

We really blame Malkin & Ledecky because our ex-captain was a liar and bull*******?

I mean, that is a dirty, underhanded move by Tavares, if true.

Your GM still has the power to move him though. And the duty, I would say.

I guess I’m wondering whether he wasn’t traded at the TDL because Snow was trying to save his own job (hoping he signed him in the summer), or if Snows was like “he probably won’t sign, let’s trade him” and ownership put the kibosh on that plan because they were suckered by the sweet nothings being whispered by the Tavares camp. The first case would be Snow’s fault, the latter would be on ownership. JT is to blame either way, I’m just wondering who else deserves their fair share of blame for not getting some value back?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Has that garbage that Larry Brooks has been spewing about Scott Malkin forbidding Snow from trading Tavares at the TDL ever been verified?
Why do you believe that is garbage? I’ll bet my house that’s exactly what happened.

A matter as big as a contract for the face of your franchise goes above the GM. Ownership absolutely called the shots on this one.

Reactions: Riseonfire

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

We blame ownership for letting it get that far so that Tavares was in the position to string us along. Except for Stamkos, who was arguing over money, no big time UFA ever gets to free agency. And I’m sure no team will ever allow themselves to get hung out to dry like the Isles did ever again.

Reactions: MIK55

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
We blame ownership for letting it get that far so that Tavares was in the position to string us along. Except for Stamkos, who was arguing over money, no big time UFA ever gets to free agency. And I’m sure no team will ever allow themselves to get hung out to dry like the Isles did ever again.
Agree. This will also affect no trade clauses, I think. No team will ever commit itself to full no trade, it seems to me. Too risky. And if that is a dealbreaker for a player, better off to let him go.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I mean, that is a dirty, underhanded move by Tavares, if true.

Your GM still has the power to move him though. And the duty, I would say.

I guess I’m wondering whether he wasn’t traded at the TDL because Snow was trying to save his own job (hoping he signed him in the summer), or if Snows was like “he probably won’t sign, let’s trade him” and ownership put the kibosh on that plan because they were suckered by the sweet nothings being whispered by the Tavares camp. The first case would be Snow’s fault, the latter would be on ownership. JT is to blame either way, I’m just wondering who else deserves their fair share of blame for not getting some value back?
Why should Botta lie about Tavares comment?

And no GM is going to do the exact opposite, of what his owners have ordered him to do.
Isles owners think Tavares wants to return, so they are working in the dark,making decisions without realizing he is bull******** the organization.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Why should Botta lie about Tavares comment?

And no GM is going to do the exact opposite, of what his owners have ordered him to do.

Which is why, if he had orders from above, Snow would be blameless in this instance. The fault would lie with ownership, and with tavares himself. I am just wondering if anyone else besides Brooks is suggesting that ownership forbade Snow from trading Tavares.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

It happened. If anyone cares to reread the Pajama Boy letter he emphatically states that he didn't want to get traded because he was the Captain and wanted to help this team through to the bitter end. That is right from the letter. This is not an arguable point and no one should be reacting with surprise about it if they read PJB's Holywood manuscript.

StarBucks

Dec 27, 2004
WANG____MeFoolingYOU
I really feel the NHL, and the Commissioner should get involved in this and do some investigation into this Matter. How can you have your Superstar player promises that his staying, and blocks us out of ever recovering any assets back in return. I believe the Islanders have a strong case. We should be compisated and should get the first overall pick!!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Which is why, if he had orders from above, Snow would be blameless in this instance. The fault would lie with ownership, and with tavares himself. I am just wondering if anyone else besides Brooks is suggesting that ownership forbade Snow from trading Tavares.
Rick DiPietro on his radio show has said many times that he believes Malkin told Snow that he intends to re-sign Tavares and we are not trading him.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Snow gets blame for everything leading up to the final year or so. The owners get blame for allowing Snow to stay on the job and the final year. Judas gets blame for lying to the franchise.

Reactions: MJF

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It’ll probably take 5-10 years or more but I think eventually more stuff leaks about this once more of these current players/management retire down the road. They’ll be an interview somewhere on a show where somebody opens up. I’m convinced Tavares led management to know he made more doubts than he led onto the media and fans

Reactions: The Lighthouse

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Thank you sir. :thumbu:

This no way contradicts Botta's report tnat Tavares said not to trade him, that he repeatedly said publicly how much he loved it on LI and wanted to spend his entire career here.
Yeah, Snow followed the owners orders,but they took Tavares comments to be honest.

Reactions: A Pointed Stick

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
This no way contradicts Botta's report tnat Tavares said not to trade him, that he repeatedly said publicly how much he loved it on LI and wanted to spend his entire career here.
Yeah, Snow followed the owners orders,but they took Tavares comments to be honest.
I totally agree. All he had to do was say I make no promises and Toronto is a strong lure. Then we trade him. Instead he asked not to be traded.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City

It’s really amazing what solid ownership can do. All too often owners are just viewed as money-men, but Ledecky and Malkin completely overhauled the culture, direction and vision of the team all while remaining true to the team’s Long Island roots/identity. I really think that this franchise will be a powerhouse for a while with these two in charge. I understand there is a shelf life on Trotz and Lou, but I can’t see these two sitting idly by while someone less than the best is running the operations of the team. They seem to always want the best and, so far, get the best too. They have the ability to understand they aren’t hockey experts and cede to those who are battle-tested and that is a tough thing to do for successful people. Can’t say enough about these two.

Reactions: periferal

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
In reading some of the comments about JT and the Islanders break up

I live in Wales it was somewhat obvious to me JT was making a b line to the leafs for the last 2 years he was with you the moment his contract was up.

Being an oiler fan I have experienced first hand in dealing with the crazy stuff behind the scenes but having no real idea what is going on but through so called insiders, speculation and nudge nudge wink wink of the political crap behind the scene.

Oilets went through 10 years where we had 2 owners and massive ownership group and they burned a few players and left others jaded.

Why did the islanders believe JT when everyone else was saying he was going to the leafs? I think the previous owner pissed off JT and he felt no loyalty to the islanders. Oilers sae the same song and dance with a few players.

It is good you have solid owners and rebuild the trust not just with the fan's but the players as well.

Like with the oilers you guys had a lot of off ice distractions and that annoys players. Sooner you guys get out of playing split home games the happier the players will be and the fans as well. Just my observation

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The Islanders currently have the best owner, coach, and 2nd best coach in NY sports.

Best owner: Possibly but it's a little early (not much competition)

Best coach: Yes

Best second coach: Not sure I understand. Mitch Korn?

I'll go out on a limb and assume you don't mean Brent Thompson.
:huh:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Best owner: Possibly but it's a little early (not much competition)

Best coach: Yes

Best second coach: Not sure I understand. Mitch Korn?

I'll go out on a limb and assume you don't mean Brent Thompson.
:huh:
Not much competition because the rest of them suck. And I’m talking about Lane Lambert.

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
They have owned us in recent years...:laugh:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad