Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 2 7pm 4/17/15 [MOD NOTE IN #102]

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Islanders backing off on the forecheck let the breakout work much easier. Caps need to keep that up in game 3, and actually hit the net from the beginning of the game.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Nicky leading . . . Chimmer again with a big goal in the playoffs. And Niskanen 2 assists and much more solid in his end - when he sucks, we suck. When he's good, we're good.

After we were down 3-1, every time I went to get a beer we scored. Ran out of beer (I know, very weak) after we got up 4-3 so had to turn to the port to seal the win.

Last edited by a moderator:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
The Islanders defense is just getting destroyed by huge hits.

They definitely got dominated physically in the 2nd half of the game. I do wonder if that is going to have some effect on them going forward. I hope so. Game 3 will be interesting.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I love that play by Nicky. Some times a simple salvo needs to be spent to test the basic defense. And you know damn well their PK coach never bothered to coach them up 1 on 4 coming up the gut :laugh:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Alzner 5 hits... I want to see that every game from him going forward.

+3 and a huge goal. He should've got a star tonight.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Great response by the Caps. Especially that killer goal to go down 3-1, they came up big clawing their way back into the game.

Now looks like the series really is a clean sheet. Game 1 was just a gift to the Isles, Game 2 the Caps were eventually able to shift into a real playoff gear, while the Isles couldn't -- probably because their leads came too easy, they were in "academic" mode, which worked great for them up to that point -- but when it was no longer enough, they couldn't flip the switch in-game. One would expect the Isles to shift into a higher gear the next game, too.

Crowd finally came alive, too -- what the hell happened in Game 1??

Goaltending for the Caps needs to get better; though I dunno, I thought the Isles just got some tremendous snipes today, picked corners. Maybe on that 2nd goal, Grubs stayed too deep in the net.. He's ok, I guess, but the goalies need to somehow help the Caps get a better start to a game.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We pressured a dman into a goal. He heard footsteps.

Finally and it wasn't Green.

Keep pounding Leddy Vis and Hickey like mallard ducks

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I'll personally admit that I was calling for him to be scratched after his penalty last game. Since he had the GWG tonight, I'll admit I was wrong... once again... like usual. Haha

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
That goal against around 5 min into the game has to disappear.

Other than that I don't think Isles were playing better at any point of the game. Very encouraging.

TBro is still absent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad