Bouchard | Nielsen | Bailey
Grabner | Regin | Clutterbuck
Martin | Cisikas | Nelson

LD | RD
Hamonic | MacDonald
Hickey | Carkner
Donovan | Martinek

Starting | Backup
Evgeni Nabokov | No idea who their back up is.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Its going to be a 2-1 or 3-2 game that the Caps will win in a shootout or OT.

ALL games against the Islanders here at Verizon seem to be death struggles up until the very end.

It has seemed that over the past several years we have won the majority of the home games against them despite being evenly contested games.

Kevin Poulin is their backup and he apparently played excellent last game.

I can't imagine they would use him tho. Nabakov has an excellent history vs the Caps.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Is Orlov confirmed guys? Oates wasn't asked this q in the pre-game interview..

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
What! Are my eyes deceiving me?? No more Mojo on the top line! Thank goodness someone listened to me and to make it better Erat is on it! No more bad plus/minus numbers for top line with a guy who works that hard.

DCRedhawk21

May 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
I would have Urbom in over Schmidt (or if not for the handedness rule put Schmidt -Green and Urbom - Orlov), but overall I don't have a ton of complaints about this line-up. Excited to see Orlov.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Excited to see that Isles 1st line together for the first time. On the paper it looks like it could be amazing.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

Ovi @ 1:14, can someone tell me who he is saying? Nvm got it, Charlize Theron. Him pronouncing Theron like its a french name really threw it all off.

Last edited:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Will be in the 400s for the first time this season. Islanders have been a tough opponent for the Caps of late. Looking for Wilsona to finally break his cherry tonight.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
they played us pretty tough last year. this could go either way

Yep, was thinking the same thing. I don't think we beat them once last season. Hopefully Ovie will be more fired up than usual to make up for lost time!

I'm so happy to see Erat on the top line. I can't wait to see if he has chemistry with Ovie and Backy. As for 20 and 21, let's hope Mojo can get them going.

That celebrity crush vid is adorable. I sometimes forget most of these guys are under 25.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am literally stunned that Erat is playing with Ovi. He seems such an obvious piece to try at 1LW. I was actually expecting him to never get a shift there, since Oates just seems so hard headed about certain line combos.

Bonus MJ at C. Sure he can push the puck up, get some points at 1LW but I have seen him largely eaten up on the boards for some time now. He is a center!

Erat is going to be setting up Nick and Ovi, and doing all that dirty board work some seem to detest more than others.

I am thinking blowout. Ok 3-2.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I am literally stunned that Erat is playing with Ovi. He seems such an obvious piece to try at 1LW. I was actually expecting him to never get a shift there, since Oates just seems so hard headed about certain line combos.

Bonus MJ at C. Sure he can push the puck up, get some points at 1LW but I have seen him largely eaten up on the boards for some time now. He is a center!

Erat is going to be setting up Nick and Ovi, and doing all that dirty board work some seem to detest more than others.

I am thinking blowout. Ok 3-2.

Me too and he has earned his chance from recent play. This Isles team is going to be a thorn in our side in the division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad