Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Canadiens - 7 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Overwhelming excitement for this one on the boards today...Hudon out and Peca in.

8 game losing streak on the line...

Danault #1 C, good f***ing lord. You'd think his horrid play lately would get him demoted, but nope. Wait, is that even a number one line anywhere but Montreal?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
You mean Primeau isnt starting color me suprised they must have missed the memo about sending Price a message :sarcasm:

He will get the back half of b2b against rangers probably. This gives a few days with the team to get comfortable etc. Kinkaid will get a few games in Laval to find his game. If he doesn't and Primeau plays well expect to see them Bring Kinkaid up to backup some games so that Primeau gets to play in Laval and be called up to play in B2bs in mtl.

Can't have Primeau playing once every 2 weeks. If he plays well he will come up to play the occasional game. Ideally Kinkaid can find his game and he resumes the backup role.

Habs win this one tonight. Isles are on 2nd half of B2B

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Tonight, they will honor former captains of the Habs. Apparently, Cournoyer, Chelios, Carbo, and Koivu will be among them.

:biglaugh:

As if the team will automatically feel more compelled to win and end the streak. Well, if they lose at least there's more shame to be handed out in the locker room post-game. Damn.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Danault #1 C, good ****ing lord. You'd think his horrid play lately would get him demoted, but nope. Wait, is that even a number one line anywhere but Montreal?

At even strength, they were among the top lines in the league last year. And if I'm not mistaken, they are among the top lines again this year. Better than a lot of the top lines that get most of the attention.

What makes the other lines more successful though is that they also play on the PP together and get a chunk of their production with the man advantage, whereas in Montreal, they get separated on the PP.

Reactions: Habs

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Danault #1 C, good ****ing lord. You'd think his horrid play lately would get him demoted, but nope. Wait, is that even a number one line anywhere but Montreal?

Lol we don't have a #1 line... we got 2 Second lines and 2 4th lines... or one could agrue 3 third lines and 1 5th line... LOL LOL LOL!

Quite the team we got assembled don't we? Envy of the NHL

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
He will get the back half of b2b against rangers probably. This gives a few days with the team to get comfortable etc. Kinkaid will get a few games in Laval to find his game. If he doesn't and Primeau plays well expect to see them Bring Kinkaid up to backup some games so that Primeau gets to play in Laval and be called up to play in B2bs in mtl.

Can't have Primeau playing once every 2 weeks. If he plays well he will come up to play the occasional game. Ideally Kinkaid can find his game and he resumes the backup role.

I like your hopefullness but we've played multiple teams that were on b2b's during this streak it hasnt made a difference so far

Reactions: sandviper

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I believe some of the current players will be wearing previous captains' jerseys for warm ups. I think Gallagher will wear Cournoyer's and Lehkonen will wear Koivu's.

Maybe Weber will wear Pacioretty's? :sarcasm:

78697224_2724176914306302_6110915078322651136_o.jpg

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Tonight, they will honor former captains of the Habs. Apparently, Cournoyer, Chelios, Carbo, and Koivu will be among them.
I need confirmation on this... but, yes... I am hearing that former captain Max Pacioretty will NOT be in attendance for tonight. However, have no fear as the boys will continue to honour him --As they have the last 8 games, with another big L and more depressing records broken. Cheers Max, this one is for you!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
All living captains will be there except Henri Richard for health reasons....Hopefully they will not use this ceremony as an excuse of why they cannot play well.

If anything, this should motivate the Habs players.

And it goes without saying that Pacioretty won't be there. I wonder if Gionta will be there.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015

Fair Warning:

The New York Islanders were phenomenal on the second half of back to backs in 2018-2019. They were 11-1-1 on the second day of consecutive days.

1-0 this season

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I need confirmation on this... but, yes... I am hearing that former captain Max Pacioretty will NOT be in attendance for tonight. However, have no fear as the boys will continue to honour him --As they have the last 8 games, with another big L and more depressing records broken. Cheers Max, this one is for you!

They will honor him with a disappearing act.

OR, they win by 2 goals and they score an empty netter.

Reactions: atrud66

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
At even strength, they were among the top lines in the league last year. And if I'm not mistaken, they are among the top lines again this year. Better than a lot of the top lines that get most of the attention.

What makes the other lines more successful though is that they also play on the PP together and get a chunk of their production with the man advantage, whereas in Montreal, they get separated on the PP.

Danault has no business on the top line, neither does Domi. I'd give JK a chance for now, he's here anyways. Danault has a lot of turnovers on both ends of the ice, I personally do not think he should be anywhere near the top 2 lines at this point. If they are willing to call up Primeau and give him a shot, give JK a shot or Poehling at this point, because what difference does it make right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad