GDT: Islanders @ Avalanche | December 17th 7MT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Riding the top 4 as much as they have been is going to wear down those guys eventually. Redmond didn't even play 8 minutes. Guenin, not even 10. At what point do you give a guy from SA a chance? Cleary, Roy lacks faith in any of these guys.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Riding the top 4 as much as they have been is going to wear down those guys eventually. Redmond didn't even play 8 minutes. Guenin, not even 10. At what point do you give a guy from SA a chance? Cleary, Roy lacks faith in any of these guys.
Siemens and Noreau are hurt.

SA has to have players as well.
(unless you mean sending down Guenin at the same time and calling up Zads or Bigras).

But I agree. EJ and especially Beauch should have their minutes cut a bit.

EJ around 25-26 and Beauch a few minutes less would be ideal with Barrie hitting similar ice time as Beauch.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
well... I was at the game and I think Redmond is a keeper.. 5 has got to go, he completely screened Varly on that goal, and it was a stopable goal if Varly sees it...
He just looks terrified out there.
I think Mack is hurt, he looked strained like when you are playing in pain...
Ej looked great, as did the other three d men who contributed tonight.
We won the battle in the face off and although it was a boring possession game it is so nice to win at home..... So many missed opportunities to score, easily could have been 5-2
and I know I am beating a dead horse but what happened to if a stick touches the player its a penalty from three or four years ago, now its just whacky crackie all game and no calls....

MArteenson continues to hit, if he ever figures out how to use his hands and speed he will be dangerous. I think we should be hoping for Everburg and Rendulic to decide to play d.. ok thats a joke....

The Islanders are a good team and We stopped them almost getting the SO....
A good team win, we look so much better in the area of team D

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Well, all of a sudden we're 16-16-1 and only 3 points out of a playoff picture. Absolutely incredible what a 4 game winning streak can do for you (also more importantly we were taking down central division teams).

And guess who Nashville is playing next : the Wild :naughty:. If they lose against the Wild, they'll have played the same amount of games as us and only be 3 points ahead of us.

I can't believe we're this close quite frankly. It feels like we were buried in the standings for good and for the remainder of the season.

Go :avs Go !

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Was a huge win tonight.

If we could ever find a way to consistently play like this we'd be a playoff team no doubt in my mind.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I am excited to face Cam Talbot next game. Watched that Hawks beat down of the Oilers tonight. He is such an awful goaltender. Won't sniff a .900 save percentage all season IMO. Need to light him up next game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I am excited to face Cam Talbot next game. Watched that Hawks beat down of the Oilers tonight. He is such an awful goaltender. Won't sniff a .900 save percentage all season IMO. Need to light him up next game.

Nilsson is their starting goaltender as of right now, so he'll likely get the game against us.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I noticed this too. As soon as tangs and iggy started getting third line minutes this team has looked different. Varly gets a lot of credit also

Oh sure it's a lot of things, always is. But it's helped that he's had the epiphany about Tangs and Iggy.

I don't think he plans to play anyone on the third pair much. So even if they did call someone up there'd be complaints that they aren't getting a real shot. It's clear he doesn't favor Redmond at all so maybe he'd have more of an open mind to the ability of someone else. But that spot is pretty much a placeholder to waste time. Roy is very much of a ride or die kind of guy, we know he doesn't like callups. He's got his soldiers and doesn't want anyone else. Now that they are winning even less so.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You are a .500 hockey team Patrick. Better curb the attitude until you actually accomplish something this season. When we clinch a playoff spot, then you can sass.

He wasn't sassy at all. A twitter quote makes it seem that way, but he was very calm when discussing it and was referring to the fact that people expected this team to make a trade to shake things up or do something drastic and he was simply saying that people were laughing at us when we didn't but that he's happy this team has persevered

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
you gotta be happy with a win...
In reflection I think we can beat most teams... we really need Stuart or a replacement, if he was healthy it sure would firm up the last pairing.

Go Avs... Ill miss hockey next week....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

The best chance this team has is if Barrie, EJ, and Beauch are piling up minutes. I don't think any of the kids nor any of the bottom pairing players are capable. If Stuart was healthy, I think this would be less of an issue and one of the kids would be up.

What I think happens here is if the Avs are in the playoff race at the deadline, they will make a move for a mobile RD that can play ~15 minutes a night.

well... I was at the game and I think Redmond is a keeper.. 5 has got to go, he completely screened Varly on that goal, and it was a stopable goal if Varly sees it...
He just looks terrified out there.

Both are really bad. Redmond had a horrendous game for his limited time on the ice. He was directly responsible for at least 3 scoring chances against.

Roy wasn't being sassy... he was stating a fact in a very Roy manner. It was calm and collected but a jab at the Yosts of the world. He has been saying the team was heading in the right direction since before Halloween... and he is right, but people throughout the hockey media were calling him the worst coach in the NHL all through November. Now that the team is back to .500 and back in the playoff race, everybody has shut up about him.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We won a game with the 9s line being ineffective, EJ having arguably his worst game of the season, and we missed a bunch of odd-man chances going forward.

I'll take it without any complaints.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
We won a game with the 9s line being ineffective, EJ having arguably his worst game of the season, and we missed a bunch of odd-man chances going forward.

I'll take it without any complaints.

I strongly disagree with this. I think EJ was poor the 2nd-about 15th game and he has turned it up with more ice time and has looked amazing recently. Tonight may have been a slight step down from how he has been playing but he still played great, IMO.

Barrie looked gassed in the third and it led to some dumb mistakes he does not normally make. It would be nice to be able to rely on the third pairing a little more but we have to do what we have to do to get back into things. Luckily, EJ and Beauch are thriving on the ice time they are getting. Let's just hope that lasts.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
EJ stepped up as the game wore on, but he was much worse than he was on Tuesday in the first period and while we were getting dominated in the second.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
EJ stepped up as the game wore on, but he was much worse than he was on Tuesday in the first period and while we were getting dominated in the second.

He got a little better after the first but barely. I liked two things he did last night. When he got the puck in the neutral zone and got a shot on net which Greiss kicked aside easily and when he got super hyper aggressive on Tavares behind the net but other than that I thought his decision making all night was poor, he had trouble clearing the puck and he was too gun shy on the PP as was the rest of his teammates. Poor game overall from EJ and he will have to be alot better against Hall and company on my name day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad