Islanders are 9-0-0 on 2nd night of back to back

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
We’re all expecting the bottom to fall out at some point; it’s the Islanders. It also doesn’t help that most of us are Mets & Jets fans.

The last time the Mets and jets had anyone reputable guiding the ship Bobby valentine and Bill Parcells were around .

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
We’re all expecting the bottom to fall out at some point; it’s the Islanders. It also doesn’t help that most of us are Mets & Jets fans.

Don't want to jinx us but if 96 points gets you a playoff spot all the Islanders need to do is go 12-15 to finish off the season. We would have to crash pretty bad for that to happen

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Cool, I'd rather keep everything on the DL and talk about this season in June.
truthfully I was going to make this thread after they won the 7th back to back but I did not want to jinx them, but the other thread about how the Islanders are not that impressive I couldn't resist, I may regret it but oh well, 9-0-0 is a thread worthy post if you ask me, regardless how they are doing the rest of the year

Reactions: Crazy Cizikas

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Honestly, that's a damn impressive streak. What is their record in the first night though? (Just wondering if there's any chance they're getting chewed out from poor first games.)

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Honestly, that's a damn impressive streak. What is their record in the first night though? (Just wondering if there's any chance they're getting chewed out from poor first games.)
6-2-1 in the first game. 15-2-1 on back to backs combined.

Reactions: SI90

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
Pretty impressive for them. It's hard to stay undefeated on the 2nd night of a back to back.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Isles fans don't want to make a bid deal about the season in season....go on and on and on and on about Isles being screwed over by Tavares all season. Lol.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think it's the balanced lineup. Last i checked not a single forward averages 19 mins per game. They seem to roll their top 2 lines and bottom 2 lines evenly.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I think it's the balanced lineup. Last i checked not a single forward averages 19 mins per game. They seem to roll their top 2 lines and bottom 2 lines evenly.

Exactly right. It's the benefit that we have 4 lines to roll and Trotz trusts them equally. Our 4th line is relied on a lot and often starts every period to set the tone. It's not a 5 to 8 minute a night type of line.

And added to that, Trotz especially keeps the shifts even during the back-to-backs.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
All four of their forward lines are responsible defensively. All of their d pairings are also solid. No single player will beat you, but collectively, they will. It’s nice to see after years of whateverness.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
So is Pajama night cancelled now hahha?

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad