Islanders are 9-0-0 on 2nd night of back to back

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
its a great story this islanders team, Face of the franchise lies to them and leaves them without no picks or prospects as compensation. Everyone counts them out because in all likelihood, how can a team that didn't make the playoffs last year possibly make it after losing their best player. But it seems like the Isles players have taken Tavares's betrayal personal.

if somehow leafs and isles meet in the playoffs, watch out! it will be one for the ages.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
if somehow leafs and isles meet in the playoffs, watch out! it will be one for the ages.

This is the one thing that I'd love to see. If Boston and Montreal can pass Toronto and the Isles hold onto first, that would be almost too good to be true.

I'm also quite certain HF would be able to have civil discussion during the series, too. I can't possibly see how it could turn into anything non-friendly.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This is the one thing that I'd love to see. If Boston and Montreal can pass Toronto and the Isles hold onto first, that would be almost too good to be true.

I'm also quite certain HF would be able to have civil discussion during the series, too. I can't possibly see how it could turn into anything non-friendly.

Who would you be rooting for? :naughty:

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Leafs would love that. Much easier matchup than Boston or Montreal.

tenor.gif

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Do they skate the morning of the second game?

I remember the Rangers doing something similar one year (like 10-0 or 10-1, something like that) and AV stopped having the morning skate for back-to-backs which was pretty taboo at the time.

Not that I wanna give AV credit for anything, but that one thing was smart and worked.

Reactions: MattMartin

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Do they skate the morning of the second game?

I remember the Rangers doing something similar one year (like 10-0 or 10-1, something like that) and AV stopped having the morning skate for back-to-backs which was pretty taboo at the time.

Not that I wanna give AV credit for anything, but that one thing was smart and worked.
You could just give credit to Anders Lee instead

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
At this point the Islanders 2019 unprotected 1st is a late one. Lou knows its expendable.

We need a finisher and have the pieces to offer while still being able to make prospects untouchable. That's right kiddies, no ultimatums where we give up Wall-E, Dobson, Wilde, or Sorokin. You get Bellows if we get Panarin, Stone, or Duchene - if not, settle for our lesser prospects.

Don't like it? We'll hold out, hopefully get our chance to sit down with Panarin July 1st. Garth Snow for all his faults hoarded which leaves us with a cabinet as filled as a hockey team could ask for. Lord have mercy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad