Post-Game Talk: Islanders 3 @ Canucks 2 | 3/1/16

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
"When we have them come up, we wanna give them a chance...we wanna give them a legitimate chance to show what they can do"

I'll believe it when I see it, Wilbrod

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Sbisa and bartkowski are for today pedan and trymakin are for tommorow.

Do you care about today or tommorow

sbisa was signed to a three year deal and benning said he'll be a top four defenseman.

then benning said that bartkowski was a top four defenseman one season in boston where they went deep when trying to justify that signing.

so clearly, there was an expectation that they'd be much more than the #7's they actually are.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Hutton looks great. 25 mins. Legit 1st pairing guy in the future?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Said it before....Hutton is the best story in an otherwise sorry season.....unless his rookie season is a mirage, he's proven to be a legitimate top two d-man...amazing development for a guy who wasn't even being counted on to make the opening night roster.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Really liked Harmonic, right side, gritty. He wants to be traded to western Canada. Would look great next to Hutton. If they had the assets to get him without moving Hutton or Tanev. He would sure look good.

dangerous dan

Mar 6, 2004
Vancouver
Really liked Harmonic, right side, gritty. He wants to be traded to western Canada. Would look great next to Hutton. If they had the assets to get him without moving Hutton or Tanev. He would sure look good.

Harmonic would be great...maybe a deal built around Edler?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Wasn't able to watch the game, did Vrbata actually play regularly with the Sedins? Very curious about that one.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If this team was any good I'd be all over that but it would cost our 1st this year. I'm just not sure the team is in the right development phase. If they started the rebuild 2 years ago, yeah it would be perfect.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver

He looks fantastic, for sure. Tanev and Hutton are an awesome start on a really solid D.

I like Etem's game. "Rumble, young man. Rumble!" Muhammad Ali said and I have to agree. I think this kid gets it. Nice!

Markstrom attacking the loose puck in the third was great to see. He genuinely wanted to put it away. Good man!

If I was in charge of mentoring, I'd split the Sedins and play four kids in the top six until the end of the season. Why not? Vrbata and Burrows can mentor the other lines. Open Canucks college, as it were. Seriously, it's the prudent approach. Play every legitimate prospect possible. Evaluate next season's team now and tweak it in the Summer.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I meant his game is high risk. Actually it's nuclear meltdown risk

It isn't really. Think of all the crazy Bieksa wanderings or casual high risk moves. I don't see that with Bartkowski. He isn't so much high risk he's just really bad . maybe you meant putting him on the ice was high risk, can by argue with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad