Post-Game Talk: Island

3 Stars

• Total voters

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Maybe they can sit down with the coach and explain that to him too so he stops benching the kids when they make a mistake :dunno:
kakko already knew he made a mistake. benching him does nothing. it is literally what people criticized quinn about with how he would bench kakko for any mistake. and the board here CRUSHED quinn about it, but with turk it is fine apparently.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The vets do get more leeway and they should but I have seen both Panarin and Kreider get sat recently for giveaway's.

Kreider has been disciplined way more than I thought he would be this season. Turk even broke up the bromance which honestly, has done A LOT for Kreider as he and Tro are a match that has actually been quite good.

Panarin got sat for the entirety of a PP after his terrible give away vs Philly. Aside from that, he's been pretty untouchable.

I think the message to the team was sent when Kreider got demoted. At this point benching Panarin when he plays like an asshat is more about sending a message to him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL!

5147920C-7359-4561-9AF0-8EEC5454B42D.jpeg

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yea we should move Panarin to the 4th line or bench him because that will work.

Then when he stops playing hard (he is playing all out right now) and rumbles about a trade are whispered about, and we miss subsequently miss the playoffs for 5 straight years again, you'll be the first to lament the team's terrible luck.
Because i said he should be moved to the 4th line? Oh right i didnt. What an odd response.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
random unasked for thoughts...

I gotta jump in and out of games sometimes these days, living on the west coast and with a kid, but felt like a game for the most part that the Isles never threatened much (they had some good shifts but not much sustained pressure), got a lucky bounce and "lucky" screen goal, but the Rangers took the game to them for most of it. That the Rangers didn't get frustrated and collapse when things weren't going their way is a good sign IMO as we hit the Christmas break and get ready for the "second half" of the season.
Things aren't perfect but pushing the other team and overcomign adversity is a good sign. Wish they would have beat Pittsburgh as from what I watched they were often the better team there too but made too many mistakes with the penalties and special teams.

At any rate, over this last stretch it feels like the Rangers have gotten their resilience back which was huge for them last year and was missing this year. Being able to just keep playing and come back and win games when they were behind or when they're being outplayed or things like that is good stuff.

Going to be interesting what kind of trades Drury might make and Kravtsov could make his mark here in the next couple of months or get marked for being moved for a rental....if he really picks things up and helps facilitate that line, and if Kakko keeps playing well, and if they're happy with that Trochek line...the RW problem doesn't look so bad and maybe the focus is just on a better depth D. Will be interesting, if things got clicking do you blow your spare draft pick on a big rental or just let it ride.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Because i said he should be moved to the 4th line? Oh right i didnt. What an odd response.
I mean Kreider was moved to the 4th line for crappy play and responded, Panarin was removed from the PP unit as a punishment due to lackadaisical passing…what more do you want? Panarin benched for a game? Moved to 4th line? Really, what are you looking for? In your haste to promote the kids must you always bring down the vets who lead and produce?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I mean Kreider was moved to the 4th line for crappy play and responded, Panarin was removed from the PP unit as a punishment due to lackadaisical passing…what more do you want? Panarin benched for a game? Moved to 4th line? Really, what are you looking for? In your haste to promote the kids must you always bring down the vets who lead and produce?
Maybe a shift off the PP once, Or start the 2nd unit once. I’m not avacating anything drastic, just a small message once and awhile. It’s maddening the amount of PP he eats up, even McDavid and Dri arent getting as much time as him and they are 2x more effective than him.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Kreider has been disciplined way more than I thought he would be this season. Turk even broke up the bromance which honestly, has done A LOT for Kreider as he and Tro are a match that has actually been quite good.

Panarin got sat for the entirety of a PP after his terrible give away vs Philly. Aside from that, he's been pretty untouchable.

I think the message to the team was sent when Kreider got demoted. At this point benching Panarin when he plays like an asshat is more about sending a message to him.
Quietly, that 20-16-26 line is enchanting.

It’s the dude that killed Mozart! Careful.
Salieri!!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Maybe a shift off the PP once, Or start the 2nd unit once. I’m not avacating anything drastic, just a small message once and awhile. It’s maddening the amount of PP he eats up, even McDavid and Dri arent getting as much time as him and they are 2x more effective than him.
Yes. I’d love to see the kids get some PP starts. Nothing has to be complete or permanent. Just try it. I also think GG will eventually do that. He has shown some promising willingness to mix things up and be flexible. I just hope he does it sooner rather than later.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I was away on vacation and missed this one live. Let's just say, the IGT is prime entertainment when you know the final score.

Reactions: CLW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad