Post-Game Talk: Isl3s vs. K4pit0ls. V3riz0n3 C3nt3r. 7pm. 10.15.2016 {h4x0r 3dit0n}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hey its Sunday and you should be working to save your xbox playing younger brother because...

8X7uPPd.png

Guess what, I'm a full blooded traitor. Not only do I own an Xbox, but I am also typing this message on a MacBook Pro. No PC for me, got tired of blue screens. I'm only using my PC to run SolidWorks on it.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Guess what, I'm a full blooded traitor. Not only do I own an Xbox, but I am also typing this message on a MacBook Pro. No PC for me, got tired of blue screens. I'm only using my PC to run SolidWorks on it.

This depresses me more than this presidential election :laugh:.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I'd rather see us do the opposite of last year. Start cold and get hot as you get closer to the playoffs, rather than starting hot and getting colder near the playoffs.

I second this. A number one seed would be nice, but seeding hasn't been our problem. Take the first 41 games to tinker and test, the second to find the right TDL moves and warm up for the playoffs. This is going to be along regular season because to me it's a 82 game pre-season.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
MacBooks are garbage. Most overrated piece of technology on the planet.

Been using them for my business and personal for years. Love them. Windows is still targeted 100x more for pop ups, viruses, spyware, etc. if gaming PC is way to go - but for business and just home use - mac is by far what I trust most.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'd rather see us do the opposite of last year. Start cold and get hot as you get closer to the playoffs, rather than starting hot and getting colder near the playoffs.

Yep, use the first few months to try out all the dpairs and lines that will blow away many minds.

I don't think its good for a coach to roll his preferred playoff lines the entire year. Diversity inevitably strikes, or lethargic play; it's better to be prepared, vs wait for adversity to strike and THEN try and adjust. There are far too many possible line combos to think a coach knows which of the 10000+ are best, without even trying but a few combos.

I wonder if Winnik is now asking to fill the coveted Chimera PP2 slot.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
haven't seen a mention of it yet. I was interested to see that Trotz had Tom Wilson on the ice for the final 30 seconds of the game protecting the lead.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yep, use the first few months to try out all the dpairs and lines that will blow away many minds.

I don't think its good for a coach to roll his preferred playoff lines the entire year. Diversity inevitably strikes, or lethargic play; it's better to be prepared, vs wait for adversity to strike and THEN try and adjust. There are far too many possible line combos to think a coach knows which of the 10000+ are best, without even trying but a few combos.

I wonder if Winnik is now asking to fill the coveted Chimera PP2 slot.

We should see which combinations are optimal, then you keep on switching players around and BAM! You surprise everyone 5-10 games before the playoffs with your secret playoff line combinations, and no one has the time to adapt.

For the Chimmer PP2 slot, I can't see Winnik being above Burt.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
That 'fourth' line may be thought of as a grinding line, but it's also:

• Pretty speedy (see Winnik's second goal)
  • Strong
  • Unafraid to go to the net to get dirty goals

That actually fulfills a lot of what GMBM, Trotz and others here have considered was missing before. This year's third line is essentially what our third line was at the start of last year, and replaces a fourth that at one point consisted of Laich-Richards-Latta. Remarkable.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That 'fourth' line may be thought of as a grinding line, but it's also:

• Pretty speedy (see Winnik's second goal)
  • Strong
  • Unafraid to go to the net to get dirty goals

That actually fulfills a lot of what GMBM, Trotz and others here have considered was missing before. This year's third line is essentially what our third line was at the start of last year, and replaces a fourth that at one point consisted of Laich-Richards-Latta. Remarkable.

Yup, our bottom 6 clearly improved. There is no forward on this team who has a bigger role than he should have.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Give it time, my friend. Tom Wilson wont be on the 4th line all season OR the 4th line wont be 4th in TOI all season.

If the 4th gets more ice time, it will certainly be deserved no? They were easily our best line in this game against the Isles. I agree that Wilson should stay on the 4th line right now, the only question mark in the roster is Sanford. Can he perform like a 3rd line winger, or does he need to be on the 4th line?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Are people still lobbying to move DW26?

You mean, Daniel Winnik #26, Unrestricted Free Agent.

Unrestricted Free Agent is secret code for a guy that is giving full effort. Antonym is fat cat. We shouldn't move full effort guys.

I cannot wait for the standard speak at year end about really wanting him back next year blah blah blah.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'll be honest...I'm lukewarm on Sanford's play since he started playing the real games. Big bag of meh so far to me....hope he adjusts quickly.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If the 4th gets more ice time, it will certainly be deserved no? They were easily our best line in this game against the Isles. I agree that Wilson should stay on the 4th line right now, the only question mark in the roster is Sanford. Can he perform like a 3rd line winger, or does he need to be on the 4th line?

In effect Sanford is playing in Wilson's top 9 spot. So far he has looked like a rookie that is a little overwhelmed. He has made a nice play in each of the two games so far. A pass in the first game and the defensive play to breakup the two on zero in the second game. I think overall he is not holding his spot.

The result may be that the 3rd line becomes the 4th line and the 4th line the 3rd line. That isn't happiness for Eller and Williams who have looked fine.

I think we see more games like this before any line movement happens. Sanford would really change the dynamic of Beagle and Winnek, but he has a good board play game. Meanwhile taking Sanford off the Eller line means Moving Burt off RW to make room for Wilson and to fill the hole left by Sanford. So, it means messing with 3 lines to move two players. They wont do it until they are sure.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You mean, Daniel Winnik #26, Unrestricted Free Agent.

Unrestricted Free Agent is secret code for a guy that is giving full effort. Antonym is fat cat. We shouldn't move full effort guys.

I cannot wait for the standard speak at year end about really wanting him back next year blah blah blah.

Winnik is playing well. As a pending UFA, the Caps need to trade him. Otherwise he will be lost for nothing.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
In effect Sanford is playing in Wilson's top 9 spot. So far he has looked like a rookie that is a little overwhelmed. He has made a nice play in each of the two games so far. A pass in the first game and the defensive play to breakup the two on zero in the second game. I think overall he is not holding his spot.

The result may be that the 3rd line becomes the 4th line and the 4th line the 3rd line. That isn't happiness for Eller and Williams who have looked fine.

I think we see more games like this before any line movement happens. Sanford would really change the dynamic of Beagle and Winnek, but he has a good board play game. Meanwhile taking Sanford off the Eller line means Moving Burt off RW to make room for Wilson and to fill the hole left by Sanford. So, it means messing with 3 lines to move two players. They wont do it until they are sure.

I think we'll give the full 9 games to Sanford to show what he can do. If he doesn't show anything, we send him down. This is my remastered line-up if we were to send him down:

8-92-77
65-19-14
90-20-43/10
26-83-43/10

Gotta give Connolly some reps too.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
I think we'll give the full 9 games to Sanford to show what he can do. If he doesn't show anything, we send him down. This is my remastered line-up if we were to send him down:

8-92-77
65-19-14
90-20-43/10
26-83-43/10

Gotta give Connolly some reps too.

Connolly will likely be at 3LW for the next game, so you don't necessarily need to break up Tre Kronor if he leaves the lineup. And of course if he's sent down he'll be replaced by someone else from the AHL.

Another option one could try for a game or two:

26-20-14
82-83-43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad