Post-Game Talk: Isl3s vs. K4pit0ls. V3riz0n3 C3nt3r. 7pm. 10.15.2016 {h4x0r 3dit0n}

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That hurt my brain

Apologies my friend. Think of it like text Redbull.

haxor-o.gif

b251d9d05c903c3023441ee793732b67dd6647c39f7033b09769b483426e74be.jpg

200_s.gif

wc_kilrathi.gif

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
After watching the first game here is what I've realized....

1. The team is going to win a lot of games this year again. They're very talented and the young guys we've been counting on will more than likely continue to get better.
2. The team is probably not going anywhere once again if the team continues to make really stupid turnovers against good teams. For as good as Caps do with possession/talented lines dominating other teams lines/making boneheaded plays will lose games. They make bad plays at bad times still it seems.

.... Patiently waiting for just the playoffs with this core basically. That's all that really matters, honestly. Considering the league set up playoffs where the Presidents Trophy winners could meet the 2nd best team in the conference in rd 2 and not even get the 8th seeded team in rd 1 - regular season success doesn't even really mean much in the NHL.

Cheer for no major injuries and continuous progression from the young guys!

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
didnt even realize that chimera plays on isles first line

Pitt wins the cup with speed - now everyone is copycatting. Same thing w/ Kings a few years back. Everyone thought heavy was the way the game is now. Copycat league - but the teams that win tend to be the ones doing things their way. Caps seem to stick to who they are like all of last year and continuing to do so this year, which is good b/c they're very talented and feel their game can beat anyone - but also bad b/c they seem to not adjust when a team has them figured out or does a counter Caps struggle with. I'd like to see a lot more adjustments this year instead of being so stubborn - even if it means we struggle at times. Caps need another way or two to play successfully IMO.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Come on Caps :handclap:

Will be keeping a close eye on Sanford and Orlov tonight. I can't tell whether Orlov struggles with communication with his defensive partner, or just picks bad moments to pinch in, but there were moments in the Pens game where 9-74 didn't look in sync or like they were making good decisions as a pair. Carlson needs someone defensively sturdy next to him if he's to be a strong 1D - right now I feel like we have three second pair Ds and three third pairing Ds... that has to change if we want hardware.

Meanwhile, in a funny way, if 90-19-65 continue to play really well together Trotz is left with very little flexibility - Backstrom is the only alternative at 1C, and Mojo and Bura provide the third line options. You're not going to see Oshie, Ovi or Winnik on the third line, nor are you going to see Eller or Williams on the fourth.

That's why it'll be really interesting to see how Sanford plays on the third line tonight and in the coming games - if the third line doesn't work with Sanford or Connelly at 3LW, Trotz will have to put Mojo or Bura at 3LW. If the third line can work, the top-6 is still shuffleable if need be - 8-19-65, 90-92-77, anyone?

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Pitt wins the cup with speed - now everyone is copycatting. Same thing w/ Kings a few years back. Everyone thought heavy was the way the game is now. Copycat league - but the teams that win tend to be the ones doing things their way. Caps seem to stick to who they are like all of last year and continuing to do so this year, which is good b/c they're very talented and feel their game can beat anyone - but also bad b/c they seem to not adjust when a team has them figured out or does a counter Caps struggle with. I'd like to see a lot more adjustments this year instead of being so stubborn - even if it means we struggle at times. Caps need another way or two to play successfully IMO.

I feel like this team is always a season and a half behind the trend they are trying to follow.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
didnt even realize that chimera plays on isles first line

17'5 54d 70 h4v3 Ch1m3r4 0n 7h3 70p l1n3 n3x7 70 74v4r35.

4m3n.

C0uldn't h4v3 s41d 1t b3tt3r.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
This one? I've got a bigger clearer version too if you want that. :p

jdubsmall.gif

Awesome - thanks!

If the bigger one is the same camera view, don't bother. i was hoping there was a better angle out there somewheres, zoomed in and maybe from the other side of the ice.

He made a statement to his teammates to start the year. I doubt it's contagious, sadly. The younger guys are probably wondering what's gotten into him. Heck, I have. Maybe he considers this year, his last hurrah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad