Confirmed with Link: Isaac Ratcliffe traded to Nashville for future considerations

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I guess what we've learned from the last "rebuild" is that collecting mid/late round picks is pointless. Ghost has been our most productive mid round pick in recent memory and he came from a time when we weren't even rebuilding. You just keep your picks and hope for the best.
For a proper rebuild you need to either be really lucky or you need multiple top 5 picks and as many 1st round picks as possible. As it stands we have neither.
You’ve got to get some big hits & avoid complete early whiffs.

But fans tend to overrate the success rate of draft picks.

That’s why I bristle at the idea of a complete burndown that revolves around trading the good young players you manage to have for picks.

Questionable investment strategy trading good money for scratch off cards.

Of course, as players get old and/or are on expiring contracts, trading them for picks makes more sense.

Reactions: tucson83

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Am I allowed to take my victory lap now? The last Flyers prospect ranking I ever did here had Ratcliffe 14th. The mainstream opinion had him neck & neck with Farabee/Frost. I posted that we need to trade him ASAP if that really is the consensus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad