Is USA a stronger junior country than Canada?

Is USA a stronger junior country than Canada

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Canadian voting yes. The emergence of the USNTDP and the NCAA as premier developmental programs has catapulted the US in front of Canada. Canada will always put out a lot of great talent simply because it has the largest pool to draw from, but the CHL is not and should not be considered a primarily developmental league. It exists to turn a profit. Hockey Canada doesn't do enough to ensure that it's elite talent is fostered and hits the potential it should before the draft.

I'm not sure that Canada has a larger pool of hockey players than the USA. I am also not sure that the USNTDP is the best way to produce the most elite hockey players in the final analysis.

I also don't see any reason why hockey won't continue to grow in the USA and make it the most dominate nation in the sport

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Russia over US?!

Over last decade, US has 3x as many 1st rounders, 4x as many overall picks and 7x as many NHL players.
Prospect wise yes, but if all the best current NHLers from both Russia and the US were sent to the Olympics, I’d pick Russia to top them. They have Ovi, Malkin, Kucherov, Panarin, Bob, Vasilevsky, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, and hell maybe Ilya and Pavel Datsyuk might still tag along too. US has a good team but Russia’s team (at least on paper) is better than America’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad