Is Tyler Bozak underrated?

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I feel like this kid has so much more to show than what he is right now. It's incredibly difficult to show what you are capable of when you are playing in the shadow of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Marleau and Hyman.

For a center that has almost hit 30g in 2014-15, do you guys think he'd benefit from a change of scenery?

Reactions: NyQuil

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
What's the question? Is it that he needs a change of scenery like it says in post #1 OR whether or not he is under rated as it says in the thread title? :huh:

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Good playmaker but doubt he'd be much more than he is now on another team

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Under rated? Nope

He is what he is, a decent offensive player, good at the dot And a tire fire defensively.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
He lacks the drive to maximize his abilities, a change of scenery won't matter.
Babcock has put him in a role that allows the team to benefit from his strengths while trying to minimize the impact his negatives have on the team.
This is as good as it gets without changes within Bozak himself.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I feel like this kid has so much more to show than what he is right now. It's incredibly difficult to show what you are capable of when you are playing in the shadow of Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Marleau and Hyman.

For a center that has almost hit 30g in 2014-15, do you guys think he'd benefit from a change of scenery?
[mod] Kid? Almost hit 30? Bozak is rated at exactly what he is, an average ass player with some decent offense. He's at the level of a guy like Boedker, maybe a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
No. He's a decent depth player who has some skill, but he can't be one of a team's go-to guys. He was for years on TOR and look at how the team fared. Now that he's a complementary player like should be, TOR is a playoff team. He is prone to inconsistency and can struggle in physical situations.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
[mod] Kid? Almost hit 30? Bozak is rated at exactly what he is, an average ass player with some decent offense. He's at the level of a guy like Boedker, maybe a bit better.

He played with Phil f'n Kessel for years and never broke 50 points during that time while Kessel finished in the top eight in League scoring in three straight seasons.

Although maybe Connor McDavid would say he is underrated (or he's very modest)...

Connor McDavid compares game to Tyler Bozak's in self-evaluation

Bozak: Awesome for McDavid to compare himself to me - Sportsnet.ca

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
No, he's mediocre, soft and just meh.

Whoever signs him in the offseason will be making a big mistake if they overpay him.

Aug 25, 2009
éal

I think Matthews certainly benefits from getting seltered minutes because of Bozak playing against top line night in night out. He is underrated, a bit, yes.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
I think Matthews certainly benefits from getting seltered minutes because of Bozak playing against top line night in night out. He is underrated, a bit, yes.
If I’m not mistaken it is bozak who gets the sheltered minutes night in night out :huh:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
No, he's not. He receives the most optimal deployment possible (PP1, ozone starts, strong QoT, weak QoC) and his numbers are just ok. Epitome of an average hockey player.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He’s rated fairly.
Decent offensively, good on face offs, pretty bad defensively. He’s a 3C who can play 2C if needed (or be a franchise C on the Habs) no where near underrated

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad