Is this version of Maple Leafs better then last year

Is current Maple Leafs roster better then last season

• Total voters

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Much better. Better depth and defence. I just am not a huge fan of the long term outlook of this team

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I'd say we are better than last year but not by that much. Losing kadri is going to hurt our center depth.

Going forward I'm not that confident. Almost no d signed after this season and way to much tied up in our top 4 forwards. Also, it sounds like the cap may not be rising by as much as some people hope.

Hopefully sandin and lilj can play well for us next year, possibly in a top 4 role.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There isn’t even a comparison we are that much better. Thats even better when Dermott and Hyman are back and rolling good. I’ll say watch for the proof after the new year and how they close out the last third of the season.

Matthews staying healthy the entire season is important. When punk rookies try running him in the last three seconds or so of a game can get away with that. Don’t expect him to be able to stay healthy because there is no push back. I would carry brannstoms[sp?] head off next game if i was a forward for the leafs. He’s a cheap shot artist by the looks of it.

Last edited:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Lol what does this even mean?

Stop trying so hard to be obtuse.

Without giving up this years first, Marleau would still be on the team, which would mean no Johnsson or Kapanen.
Something had to break. I didnt hate Marleau at all but replacing his minutes might be the single biggest improvement the team did in the offseason.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto

Yes. A team can do that for a game, after the cap violation injury occurs. It is not a blank cheque to continue to violate the cap and roster rules going forward....the team then has to sort out their problem. Expect the NHL cap police, which don't even exist now, to be brought into existence solely to police the Leafs until they manage to figure out a way to dress 20 players AND have at least 1 player in reserve, on a permanent basis. Once Hyman returns.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'd say we are better than last year but not by that much. Losing kadri is going to hurt our center depth.

Going forward I'm not that confident. Almost no d signed after this season and way to much tied up in our top 4 forwards. Also, it sounds like the cap may not be rising by as much as some people hope.

Hopefully sandin and lilj can play well for us next year, possibly in a top 4 role.

They are going to have some money to resign either Muzzin or Barrie and Rielly is locked and they can even sign another "D" and a backup goalie, we don't have to sign any forward

As per cap friendly they will have over $14 M in hand at current cap, they can easily sign couple of defenseman with that money

Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad