Is this the year of Cale?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
He plays with MacKinnon though ? Obviously inflating his achievements this year. I’m told that’s how it works when 2 good players play together

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Sure - I think your takes are bad.

5v5, highlighted the categories Makar leads in:
View attachment 397632

All situations scoring rates:
View attachment 397634

5v5 scoring rates:
View attachment 397635

Now please show your work on why we need to "pump our brakes" on Makar, but you are willing to acknowledge Petry and Nurse.

It certainly doesn't seem to be justified by on ice performance.
giphy.gif

"Pump the brakes" refers to how few games he's played in relation to the guys I mentioned. And hard to know how fewer games he will have played by the end of this shortened season. He has not shown to be very durable yet. If he only plays 30 games this season doesn't really matter how good his xyz's are.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
It's actually the year of the Rat, makes me think of a certain Bruin.....

All jokes aside, the Norris is one of the more biased trophies for established players. It usually takes a few strong finishes before you make the final jump. EK and Subban are the only ones under 26 in recent memory. Maybe not this year but soon regardless.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
giphy.gif

"Pump the brakes" refers to how few games he's played in relation to the guys I mentioned. And hard to know how fewer games he will have played by the end of this shortened season. He has not shown to be very durable yet. If he only plays 30 games this season doesn't really matter how good his xyz's are.

He's only going to miss 2 games. The rest are delayed due to covid. Petry and Nurse need to prove that they aren't just in a hot streak in a garbage division.

Reactions: Critical91

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
giphy.gif

Predictably useless reply. Predicting he might not be a valid potential candidate because he may or may not get injured in the future is just...well...reminds me of a certain scene from Billy Madison...

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Predictably useless reply. Predicting he might not be a valid potential candidate because he may or may not get injured in the future is just...well...reminds me of a certain scene from Billy Madison...
That's what you got out of that? Explains a lot.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That's what you got out of that? Explains a lot.

Explain to me, then?

Referencing him missing games and his durability isn't saying his candidacy is affected by potential injuries? If not, please explain.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Explain to me, then?

Referencing him missing games and his durability isn't saying his candidacy is affected by potential injuries? If not, please explain.

- Regardless of the reason why he's only played 11 games; he's only played 11 games. That's putting a lot of stock into a small sample size. Let's see how his numbers look at at least the halfway point.

- His durability should be in question. He's missed a lot of games to injury already in his young career. Hopefully it's something he gets over. But he will not play the full compliment of games this year. That will hurt in Norris consideration.

- His candidacy isn't hurt by "potential" injuries. It's hurt by actual injuries.

Get it now?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
- Regardless of the reason why he's only played 11 games; he's only played 11 games. That's putting a lot of stock into a small sample size. Let's see how his numbers look at at least the halfway point.

- His durability should be in question. He's missed a lot of games to injury already in his young career. Hopefully it's something he gets over. But he will not play the full compliment of games this year. That will hurt in Norris consideration.

- His candidacy isn't hurt by "potential" injuries. It's hurt by actual injuries.

Get it now?

Oh I get it, and it only proves my point even further. Hilarious that a sample of 11 games is too small for you, but 15 games is acceptable :laugh:. Also hilarious that something as fluky as a future injury somehow weighs into your decision.

Just bad logic all around, but that's what I've come to expect from your posts. We all have bad takes, but I reccomend accepting when someone calls you out on one. I've made a ton on here, but I don't double down on them when provided with the facts.

Reactions: avsfan09

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Since Makar is not around, I'd also like to point out another Cale in the league.
Cale Klague of the LA Kings. Now normally I wouldn't point out Kings but he's a new guy and he plays clean and he's pretty good too.

Cale Klague everyone.
kale-clague-2020-40.jpg
Yes! Clague has ben awesome. A very pleasant surprise for a team with a decimated d-corps

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Pump the brakes a bit. If we're naming Norris favs this early it looks like a race between Petry and Nurse outside the usual suspects (Hedman, Pietrangelo, Josi).

To pick a dark horse, I'll throw out Provorov's name.

It’s far too early for this discussion, but if Makar is beaten out it won’t be by Darnell Nurse. Even if he does put up an inflated point total playing in the North Division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad