Is this the new 2013-14 for Karlsson?

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Maybe this is the way Karlsson will be from now on. I say this, because he seems to be getting worst not better with time. You would think the extended time off during the Sweden trip would do some kind of trick. But it didn't. Maybe this the new Karlsson. The human Karlsson.

Every time I see one of these doomed scenarios, I always imagine the board looking back 10 yrs from now thinking, "Really? They all thought one month after he returned from surgery with no off-season practice or training camp was a good time to evaluate Karlsson's future?"

If EK doesn't get back to a semblance of his former self, I strongly believe it will be because he's inflicting permanent damage on his ankle by returning too soon rather than that the ankle injury permanently disabled him (and he subsequently forgot how to play his position).

Unless something changes for the worse in the next few weeks, I'm not going to worry until Karlsson shows up in 2018-2019 looking like this.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
A much better game from EK tonight. Didn't help though, Ryan is a farse right now among others.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Maybe this is the way Karlsson will be from now on. I say this, because he seems to be getting worst not better with time. You would think the extended time off during the Sweden trip would do some kind of trick. But it didn't. Maybe this the new Karlsson. The human Karlsson.

You've obviously never been an athlete. It's called a plateau/dip. These happen with every athlete. You should expect it for a Karlsson just coming off of major off-season surgery.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
A much better game from EK tonight. Didn't help though, Ryan is a farse right now among others.

Yeah, it was better. The -3 doesn't mean anything really because on two of the goals he had nothing to do with the goal being scored and on the fourth perhaps he shouldn't have been in so deep, but there was no forward covering him.

Got 6 SOG, was better defensively, and tried to create offense whenever he could.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Maybe it wasn't a good idea to play him in the playoffs. Let's hope he is just playing himself into shape.
This is what I thought all the way last spring. Why risk the career for one run that was result of lucky circumstances+

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
If anything, he could jump on an alternative career, as acting in film as little brother of Jack Sparrow. Depp, Richards and Karlsson on a family adventure.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Because he really made a difference these last 4 games? Team was actually playing far better to start the year without him; they didn't expect him to carry them and played like they were desperate. We need that back.
100% agree with this comment

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's not himself, they should sit him for a couple weeks. Hope by then he'll be back to being the Karlsson we all know and like.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I just hope this guy is healthy and not playing injured. He will have to adjust, his turns and lateral movements I am little concerned about, even though he is moving ok (but not EK 65 level) on the PP. He's doubts and hesitations in his offensive game and decision making, his passing level (one of if not the best in the league) off.

I believe he is adjusting to changes to his ankle, but there are also some big changes in his life. Just got married, just got back from one of the best playoff performances in recent memory. It may take a while more.

And he needs a legit Methot replacement. This can't be stressed enough. Hope PD is looking seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad