Player Discussion Is this the end for Klefbom?

Will Klefbom retire?

• Total voters

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
NHLPA won't let him retire. LTIR for another season after this one then out of contract. I doubt he plays NHL hockey again but stranger things have happened.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Searching twitter for sightings of Klefbom. It's a pipe dream, but I still hope he decides he wants to come back. If I were him, I would train for the 22-23 season and if the shoulder gives any warning signs I would back off and call it quits.

I'm penciling him into my ideal roster for next season.

Pretty sure Holland mentioned he isn't coming back.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Oilers have actually done reasonably well considering that KLEF was the number one d man on the team when he stopped playing. Loss of a number one d man is not insignificant.
Exactly. They spent years developing him and signed him to a good contract. It takes time to come back from a cornerstone essentially retiring in his prime. There is no way they could have planned for it.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Klefa was my favourite player on the team, so it pained me to see him forced out in his prime.

I wish his shoulder was well enough that he could come back for the playoffs for his final swan song before retiring. I feel like any legit top pairing dman could take a couple years off and still be a serviceable guy for the bottom pairing, and get back up to speed by the second round

Reactions: Oilers88

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It does kind of make you wonder, if Chiarelli wasn't hired and didn't basically cost up Dougie Hamilton because Boston refused to trade with him and Klefbom's shoulder didn't fall apart ... man oh man.

Could have had a D corps of 1. Hamilton 2. Klefbom 3. Nurse ... Nurse should've been third on the totem pole. How different would the McDavid era go in that case.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Just had my shoulder done last April and it was nowhere as serious as Klefbom. I would say that he is done. You never get totally rid of the pain and the strength is nowhere where it use to be
Yeah man,

I just dislocated my shoulder when I was 19, and I still don't have a full range of motion, and it painfully clicks when I move my arm above my neck.

As someone who studies anatomy, you have no idea the mechanisms that go on in that area. One thing screws up there, everything else sort of falls out of sync.

Klef ain't playing hockey again.

Reactions: oilers'72

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah man,

I just dislocated my shoulder when I was 19, and I still don't have a full range of motion, and it painfully clicks when I move my arm above my neck.

As someone who studies anatomy, you have no idea the mechanisms that go on in that area. One thing screws up there, everything else sort of falls out of sync.

Klef ain't playing hockey again.
mine was definetely from playing baseball my whole life. Its funny, a fella could throw all he could as a young fella and do it again the next day. Then one day , u feel a click as u previously said and its constant pain when u throw and u cant throw as far. Now my right hip is done from sports as well. Need a replacement soon enough. Funny thing is, I wouldnt change a thing and I would do it all over again

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I somewhat expect him to give it a go in Sweden next year. Kinda like Smid did once his contract ran out in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad