Is this team Better than last year ?

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Claude is a good Coach, but it will be interesting to see how successful he is shaking off some of his old methods.

Clearly, the slower transition teams in the NHL were the worst teams last year.

This is why the Hamilton move is so puzzling.

He'll be very good at where this game is going.

Call him Bouwmeester all you want, but man could the Bruins ever use him right now. He would be the perfect addition (cap hit aside)

Tyler Johnson is the prototype of what the new NHL is starting to look for up front.

Greg Campbell was a warrior and helped win this team a Cup, but Chia and Cloode were slow in seeing what was going on around them.

It will cost Julien his job if he doesn't adjust. And yet he still needs a team that is hard to play against.

Quite the task, and a tall order for this team. The Defense is quite immobile. Sweeney kept him, now he needs to help him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I have to think in practice the coaching staff evaluates who`s strong and who`s not in the shootouts?

I wonder.

Seems like lots of times its based on who's playing well that night. Because no one showed any level of success, maybe the coaches just went with the players who might have a little confidence going.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I said yes. IMO, losing Hamilton won't hurt as much as people think. I'm one of the few who was never sold on him being a #1 D.

Assuming you are correct (not saying you aren't) and further assuming that he was at least a second-tiering d-man (I realize you didn't say that but I am), that still leaves two holes that need to be filled in our top-4: Boychuk and Hamilton. And with an uncertain Chara and Seidenberg, I think it hurts every bit as much as people think.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Assuming you are correct (not saying you aren't) and further assuming that he was at least a second-tiering d-man (I realize you didn't say that but I am), that still leaves two holes that need to be filled in our top-4: Boychuk and Hamilton. And with an uncertain Chara and Seidenberg, I think it hurts every bit as much as people think.

Structurally dead on. And that is how you need to look at this IMO. While it is typical of many fans to get pretty tied up & emotional; at the end of day, it comes down to who fills what role. And this team has holes.

When you elevate players into places they don't belong, well, you set yourself up for trouble. Remember guys like Steve Heinze and Steve Leach as first line Wingers?

I am seeing potential stress lines by relying on second year players too much, or guys like Brett Connolly. He could be ok. He could be a bust too. My instinct is that Yzerman has a pretty good eye, and Chiarelli was vulnerable at that time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad