Is this season Stanley Cup or bust?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If the kids play and get experience, this season is a success.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think we are in the second tier so hard to attach Stanley Cup or bust to this team. So much of it will depend on the growth of our younger players and Babcock allowing them to grow.

Also looks like we would need at least one deadline move to really make a run for this.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Signing Alfie does not mean it's cup or bust. It's just Kenny Holland working the PR machine.

This team is not constructed as a legitimate cup contender.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Your two teams didnt have chicago chance? You didnt even mention them and all they did was get better imho. Pirri morin added yeah they are dangerous this year I think better than last year. I would put LA down for a comeback too.

Pittsburgh has major issues and is a health thing with them.

Detroit is health too we cant lose zetterberg or datsyuk and compete.

I think we are better overall then last season as long as we give tatar and nyquist some good time and real shots.

Helm is surprising me this week and if he comes back that is HUGE to me.

I think the D will grow enough by end of year and ouellet should be ready if we need another guy there.

I am not worried on sammy or bertuzzi or guys like that because I dont think they make or break the team so if injured whatever.

I think if we get to playoffs healthy we are a force and have a shot but will be a tough road and will have to beat a very good team or even a better team.

If we play datsyuk abdelkader franzen
zetterberg alfie weiss
nyquist anderson or helm and tatar

chicago will do what they did to us last year if we faced them and top line will be better than us and our third and fourth will not be good enough to win the series.

If we mix up the lines better though take some chances? Well I think a third line of like franzen bertuzzi and weiss
and a fourth of helm andersson eaves miller whatever could be a different scenario.

Is just a feeling I have is going to be about choices mike makes and mixture of young and old talent correctly with having a true veteran or good third line that could make all the difference.

If we go in healthy? Yeah this could be a cup for us we are not that far off is about time and allowing the skilled youngsters to play with the elite older guys for a better mixture.

This is just my opinion and I hope we get a chance to see it:)

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Your two teams didnt have chicago chance? You didnt even mention them and all they did was get better imho. Pirri morin added yeah they are dangerous this year I think better than last year. I would put LA down for a comeback too.

Pittsburgh has major issues and is a health thing with them.

Detroit is health too we cant lose zetterberg or datsyuk and compete.

I think we are better overall then last season as long as we give tatar and nyquist some good time and real shots.

Helm is surprising me this week and if he comes back that is HUGE to me.

I think the D will grow enough by end of year and ouellet should be ready if we need another guy there.

I am not worried on sammy or bertuzzi or guys like that because I dont think they make or break the team so if injured whatever.

I think if we get to playoffs healthy we are a force and have a shot but will be a tough road and will have to beat a very good team or even a better team.

If we play datsyuk abdelkader franzen
zetterberg alfie weiss
nyquist anderson or helm and tatar

chicago will do what they did to us last year if we faced them and top line will be better than us and our third and fourth will not be good enough to win the series.

If we mix up the lines better though take some chances? Well I think a third line of like franzen bertuzzi and weiss
and a fourth of helm andersson eaves miller whatever could be a different scenario.

Is just a feeling I have is going to be about choices mike makes and mixture of young and old talent correctly with having a true veteran or good third line that could make all the difference.

If we go in healthy? Yeah this could be a cup for us we are not that far off is about time and allowing the skilled youngsters to play with the elite older guys for a better mixture.

This is just my opinion and I hope we get a chance to see it:)

I just did the east. Out west top are
Chicago
La
Middle
San Jose
St louis

Wild cards
Vancouver
Ducks
Dallas

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I can't stand the emotional sting of losing right at the finish line. I have spent too many nights wondering "what if." I would rather see the team get trounced in the first round. It hurts more in the short term, but it's easier to forget in the long run.

Losing to the Oilers in 2006 was infuriating, but losing to the Pens in 09 was heart breaking.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's neithe Cup or bust nor rebuild with the kids, it's just another "lose in 1st/2nd round, talk about how the playoffs are just luck" Red Wings neither here nor there Ken Holland year.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Weiss+Alfredsson - Filppula & Brunner

Status Quo

This team will continue to go out in 1st or 2nd round.
Making Tatar/Nyquist regulars makes the team better. I think most of the defensemen will take a step too. Ouellet, Marchenko, Almqvist have looked good. Maybe some black aces? Who knows. Depending on how injuries and such force our hand, I think we have a slightly better team than last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00