Prospect Info: Is This Lazar's Last Game? Update 06/11: Nope

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I'm a little concerned that Stone & the Hoffman are scoring and Lazar isn't yet. :(

Could it be they are making him look better than he really is? Could they have put anyone with them, and they'd still look good? :amazed:

At the very least, Lazar is winning a lot of Face-Offs, so we know he's hustling, nor does he not look any slower than the game itself. :yo:

Pretty irrational worries.

For one stone is hiiiiighly skilled and 3 years older. In 5 years, I might even expect stone to be the leader offensively of the 3. And then there's hoffman who's got 5 years.

He's having chances and he's very involved. It's when players are never around the net and are always panicking with the puck you worry.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm a little concerned that Stone & the Hoffman are scoring and Lazar isn't yet. :(

Could it be they are making him look better than he really is? Could they have put anyone with them, and they'd still look good? :amazed:

At the very least, Lazar is winning a lot of Face-Offs, so we know he's hustling, nor does he not look any slower than the game itself. :yo:

no need to worry.. theyre older more experience, and they have spent years in the AHL polishing their game. Stone and Hoffman at 19 wouldnt survive in the NHL. and they had to work on HUGE HUGE chunks in their game to prepare for it. i think they are both benefitting from lazars style of play, they dont need to worry about much, except going out their a playing their game...
Lazar kind of reminds me of a shorter zetterberg, less mitts though. but just the way teammates feed off him

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
no need to worry.. theyre older more experience, and they have spent years in the AHL polishing their game. Stone and Hoffman at 19 wouldnt survive in the NHL. and they had to work on HUGE HUGE chunks in their game to prepare for it. i think they are both benefitting from lazars style of play, they dont need to worry about much, except going out their a playing their game...
Lazar kind of reminds me of a shorter zetterberg, less mitts though. but just the way teammates feed off him

agree no need to worry, but here's a thing....

yes stone and hoffman had to really work on deficiencies in the ahl for years. strength, skating, defense/play without the puck, consistency, etc. They have both shown huge improvements. most apparent is stone's skating.

Now because lazar doesn't show those deficiencies to the same degree preventing him from contributing at this level, is there less pressure on him now to improve from his starting point(19)/base level?

I know he will be working hard to improve overall, but will he be pushed as hard(by others and himself) as hoffman and stone were? Do players like him miss out on some levels of improvement from their base level because they are already capable of handling themselves in the NHL?

I'm going to guess this happens more in other organizations compared to ottawa. I'm pretty confident ottawa knows what they are doing when it comes to developing.
How good would lazar be in 3-4 years if he shows the same amount of improvements as those two? And is that reasonable to expect?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
agree no need to worry, but here's a thing....

yes stone and hoffman had to really work on deficiencies in the ahl for years. strength, skating, defense/play without the puck, consistency, etc. They have both shown huge improvements. most apparent is stone's skating.

Now because lazar doesn't show those deficiencies to the same degree preventing him from contributing at this level, is there less pressure on him now to improve from his starting point(19)/base level?

I know he will be working hard to improve overall, but will he be pushed as hard(by others and himself) as hoffman and stone were? Do players like him miss out on some levels of improvement from their base level because they are already capable of handling themselves in the NHL?

I'm going to guess this happens more in other organizations compared to ottawa. I'm pretty confident ottawa knows what they are doing when it comes to developing.
How good would lazar be in 3-4 years if he shows the same amount of improvements as those two? And is that reasonable to expect?

judging by everything anyone who knows lazar has said, i dont think he will every NOT work to improve, and yeah i think he will be pushed just as hard as the other two. UNLESS they see him as a third line center forever.. in that case no, because healready is a reliable third line center.. but i hope the sens look at him and think hes a top sixer. in that case they will push him and challenge him.

this is why i kind of wanted him to refine his game ( some thingk he will in the NHL) in junior. i wanted him to come in and everyone say okay he has the offensive experience to play top six, lets not bury him in the bottom six.. but i think its a good sign that they have him playing with two offensive players...

definitely know where you are coming from though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad