Prospect Info: Is This Lazar's Last Game? Update 06/11: Nope

BigBush*

No chance he's sent down. The teams winning and he's centering our best line right now.
I will start a riot if he's sent down

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I wouldn't waste a rookie year on a projected output of 5g and 6a. Like Jacques says: This is a man's game...and he is but a boy.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, I'd probably send him down. Had a very good 8 games so far, but there's a numbers game.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I wouldn't waste a rookie year on a projected output of 5g and 6a. Like Jacques says: This is a man's game...and he is but a boy.

Except he competes and plays like a man. Lazar is so ready right now. Calling him a boy is silly. He might look like one, but not on the ice.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
If Murray's philosophy is truly the best players plays then he stays. Too much is made of the nine game mark.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
If Murray's philosophy is truly the best players plays then he stays. Too much is made of the nine game mark.

First that is Mac's philosophy unless he isn't using some other cliché to describe how he decides the line-up.

Murray is the builder and there is little question in my mind he will keep Lazar here based on his play and the team's performance so far.

Last edited:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I just dont think it makes sense to keep him. 19 year olds rarely have an affect on the outcome of their teams season. Its not like hes the missing piece that will help us win the cup this year. Dont waste cheap years just because you want to see a player play in limited minutes and probably be underwhelming in that role. I'm sick of us rushing kids too. Lets have a top pick who actually earns his job through hard work in the AHL. I just dont see enough upside to keep him up.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Except he competes and plays like a man. Lazar is so ready right now. Calling him a boy is silly. He might look like one, but not on the ice.

Exactly, going down to junior for a 4th year will do nothing for his development. If anything send him to play the world juniors for the two week period and then bring him back.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I just dont think it makes sense to keep him. 19 year olds rarely have an affect on the outcome of their teams season. Its not like hes the missing piece that will help us win the cup this year. Dont waste cheap years just because you want to see a player play in limited minutes and probably be underwhelming in that role. I'm sick of us rushing kids too. Lets have a top pick who actually earns his job through hard work in the AHL. I just dont see enough upside to keep him up.

You mean like how we rushed Ceci?

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013
Send him down. No point in burning a year off his ELC.

I agree on this point.

This is not the year we will contend to win Lord Stanley's cup. Why the rush in keeping Lazar here.

Don't forget that keeping Lazar up not only burns a year of his ELC, but also blocks us from bringing guys up from the BSens. This can delay their development / progression as well as less of a chance to see what our prospects in the pros are capable of.

Prince and Pageau are in the final year of their ELC. Prince hasn't played an NHL game yet. Puemple also deserves more of a look this year.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I don't like keeping 18-19 year olds who are simply ok to save ELC and save RFA years.

If he's 18-19, he better be a difference maker. I'm talking Marty havlat 0.5ppg...if he's just gonna be a bottom liner, we have lots of those.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I hope not

I think he's shown he can manage being in the NHL and we can expect him to get better as the season moves along

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Its more likely we see Lazar getting a top 6 role in the next 20 games then Lazar see's the WHL.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
I would send him down.

He's going to be a great player but at this point in time he's better in the WHL. We might as well just use Condra and Greening or call-up Pageau.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
He's been good, but he hasn't been so lights out that sending him down is out of the question. Team has several other guys who can fill the role he's been playing so far.

It all comes down to how much management thinks he will improve this season. As a fan I don't care either way, would be nice to see him stick in the big league but would be cool to watch him play at the WJC as well.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Send him down and call up Pageau

I think I would do that.

If this was nhl15, I would send Lazar down. Call up pageau. And waive greening when methot gets back.

But I'm not in charge and this isn't nhl15. Too bad though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad