Speculation: Is this a rebuild or just getting cheaper players?

Is this a rebuild/youth movement, or is Stan just finding cheaper players?

• Total voters

Crow

May 19, 2014
How many teams come out and ACTUALLY state that they are rebuilding? lol

Read between the lines here. And...there are different ways to rebuild. If you want to rebuild faster, you find some lottery tickets and hit on a couple of them(young project players, already at the NHL level)
Quite a few have recently. I just find it odd that stan’s statement about goalies has seemingly turned into ‘we are rebuilding’.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Quite a few have recently. I just find it odd that stan’s statement about goalies has seemingly turned into ‘we are rebuilding’.
Idk what else they could be doing by running a bunch of goalies out there that haven't proven shite and probably don't have starter potential.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Idk what else they could be doing by running a bunch of goalies out there that haven't proven shite and probably don't have starter potential.
Probably just tanking one year. Retooling. Maybe hoping to find a diamond in the rough at the same time.

I think if we were rebuilding we’d see different trades.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
*shrugs*

I guess it's possible.

Either way, in practicality, it doesn't matter.

The roster from last season was 23rd best in the league.

It's gotten worse at every position.

Whether in pursuit of cost savings or a legitimate rebuild, the end result will be a lottery finish.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cant really see how you argue Hawks are going for cheaper players when we just overpaid for Janmark when a kid could have had spot or numerous FA options who were better then him still unsigned or signed for less (A certain Russian who went to Detroit would have been far better pickup)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I guess we'll see what the plan is over the next 2-3mths? If this is our lineup going into the season, I'm not sure what to think of this..

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He's dumping salary, it's obvious, and necessary. Trying to rebuild now won't be easy with the covid, flat cap, and the Hawks are negotiating from a position of weakness.

Hawks are always from “position of weakness” according to HF lol, that’s none sense, if you have a player or value there are teams that want them whether you want to get rid of them or not if there is a demand the price will go up, you can’t tell me everyone is playing hard ball, it’s like someone trying to sell a nice house in a nice neighbourhood, yes he might have to sell the house but if there are lots of people who want it the price goes up regardless. This poor me apologetic mentality is what holds people back working at McDonalds all their life.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Cant really see how you argue Hawks are going for cheaper players when we just overpaid for Janmark when a kid could have had spot or numerous FA options who were better then him still unsigned or signed for less (A certain Russian who went to Detroit would have been far better pickup)
You mean like Leafs signing Vesey for $200 k over league minimum and only 1 year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad