Post-Game Talk: IS THIS A GOOD ENOUGH PGT THREAD FOR YA BRUINS?! LEAFS WIN 4-2!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Absolutely. We just can't rely on outscoring our defensive issues. If the Leafs get their bounces and the Bruins get their bounces, it's a 5-4 or 6-5 win. But we know you don't win sustainably that way.

I don't want to crap all over a win. I'm elated. I'm just hesitant to gloss over the flaws I saw in this game, which were carryovers from the first two games. We need to be even better next game.
The flaws are alarming.

Our best guys (Matthews/Rielly/Andersen) just aren't at a point where they can stabilize a game.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y'all aint underdsanting komorobv's absence at all. he makes us even better. When kmoarov and kadri came back, well be even bad and better y'all. Period We twerkin that thang off.

Reactions: ErnieLeafs

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Desperate game by Leafs and good win. We need to get bruins d to skate from side to side. They are not that quick. Seal the boards as Leafs did this game to prevent quick break outs and marinade them in their own end. That stretch pass worked for us all night long. Continue with that to keep bruins D on their toes.
Also I think league gave Bs too much of a benefits. Three days rest before series start and then again two days rest when Bs seemingly realy need it. They played a lot of hockey in last two months, but league gives them all that needed rest.
We need to win next one, get Kadri back and perhaps Bs with no more rest will start to look more like themselves in last 5 games of regular season. Drag it on to game 5 and 6 and see if we can get them tired.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Everybody was on board tonight.
There was no cheating on plays, our board work was much better and we actually dictated alot of the physical play and pace.
If we play with that type of urgency in the remainings games we can win this series.

Reactions: Kiwi

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
I was definitely skeptical of the Plekanec promotion. Glad I don't know shit!

Nothing like a playoff W. Now let's get another and add Kadri back for Saturday's game with the series tied.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Boston had a killer schedule playing 24 games in 44 days to finish the season. As fatigue sets in, the longer this series goes the more their weaknesses will be exposed. Obviously winning game 4 is a must for TOR, after that the series is there for Toronto's taking.

Reactions: Kurtz

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
100%. We need to be even better. We still gave Boston a lot of freebies in this game that they didn’t convert. Unforced errors are the worst, it’s a lot more palatable if the Bruins work hard to get a goal. We had some bad turnovers that I’m sure will get taken care of.

Boston knows we mean business, they will come to play so we have to play better than we did this game. I just hope Freddie is dialed in from the start of the game. It was resilient of the team to come back from two very deflating goals that tied the game when the Leafs had pretty much all of the momentum.

Leafs need to play better with the lead. We won but we could be a lot better with the puck.

Our PK still scares me. Just find a way to tie this series.
Our pk needs Morgan playing over 22 and 46. We need D man who can clear the puck and if Morgan plays the way he did tonight ...pure beast mode it would improve our PK in. Big way.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
He was our best skater tonight by a long way....fast and aggressive and with a meanest to his game.

Yea, he's finally starting to look like himself.

Was scaring me for bit there. Looked like he was labouring the last couple games.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I was definitely skeptical of the Plekanec promotion. Glad I don't know ****!

Nothing like a playoff W. Now let's get another and add Kadri back for Saturday's game with the series tied.
It was definitely a gamble but the Leafs were in desperation mode. Extremely happy that it worked out tonight but I'm still looking forward to Kadri coming back.

Reactions: EmergencyExit

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Our pk needs Morgan playing over 22 and 46. We need D man who can clear the puck and if Morgan plays the way he did tonight ...pure beast mode it would improve our PK in. Big way.

Yeah. We have slugs on the PK. I don’t understand why Babcock persists with this PK group despite the fact that they are scoring at nearly 50% on the PP.

Put Rielly and Dermott out there on the PK. We need our best D to play on the PK.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Morgan was the best skater on the ice tonight by a long way. He was also physical and dominated the game when on the ice. Should have been second star behind Freddy

My three stars would have been Freddie, Rielly, and Gardiner.

Gardiner played amazing as well and saved at least two goals, Rielly was all over the ice tonight and Andersen settled down after allowing two terrible goals and redeemed himself with the best save of the playoffs.

If they score there, it would have been two very tense minutes for the Leafs.

Marleau, Marner, Matthews, Nylander, Hyman were all good as well. Bozak was good too.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Mo played like a true #1 defenceman tonight. I hope this series finally takes his game to the next level. He has the tools to be that guy, now he knows the confidence and intensity that has to go with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad