Is this a bounce back year for Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Todd McClellan, trying to keep his job, is playing McDavid 24+ minutes a night because of Edmonton's poor depth.
Nothing has been done to really address the depth problem since last year's failure so I expect the same results for this year, McDavid wins the scoring title and Edmonton misses the playoffs by a large amount.
Shampoo, rinse repeat...

Reactions: Kamiccolo and Lahey

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So you go from “I’m not trashing Oilers” to “fluke win and choked”.

Then again, not shocked.

Sorry you are right I am getting caught up in the bickering. My original point is now long lost to the depths of bickering on here.

Like I said, I like the team, like some of the guys, have an issue with the way they are winning games right now, but think they can be a bubble team.

I did take issue with the Leafs comparisons but that is on Oilers fans for derailing this into another Leaf thread by attacking the posters team instead of the point the poster was making.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
You don't think recent success is important for determining future projections? Edmonton has been much worse than the Leafs, that is a fact. They then made the playoffs yes but then crapped the bed again.

Meanwhile the Leafs made the playoffs and although they had the same questions, they followed it up by breaking the season point record and finishing as a top team in the league.

Going into this season, I think it is fair to say the Leafs are off to a good start and based on the last two years, will make the playoffs.

Edmonton however is barely over .500 with a negative goal differential.

The situations are completely different. Edmonton has 4 1st OA picks in the last 8 years, and the rest being top 10 picks. The Leafs have one 1st OA pick in 30 years and their next highest was 4th OA. Everything else has been higher.

I don't like the Leafs. I don't like the Oilers. What I find hilarious is when a fan from team A starts talking about team B's hilarious lack of recent success.....when team A is even worse.

And yes, the Leafs are off to a hot start. We've seen it before and people lost their minds then too.

Do I think the Leafs will finish higher than the Oilers? Of course.

Have the Leafs earned the right to start trashing other teams playoff success? If you warp enough stats with a small enough sample size, anything is possible.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Is 2018 another year the Leafs got bounced in round one?

4. But I understand why you thought 6, because that's how many teams were in the league the last time the Leafs were relevant.

Everything you just listed pertains to the Leafs though.

This thread is about the Oilers. Please stop talking about the Leafs.

Yeah, you did. I just quoted it. I know you guys are super insecure and need to insert the Leafs into every thread but please stop.
really man?

Reactions: Lahey and Kamiccolo

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't like the Leafs. I don't like the Oilers. What I find hilarious is when a fan from team A starts talking about team B's hilarious lack of recent success.....when team A is even worse.

And yes, the Leafs are off to a hot start. We've seen it before and people lost their minds then too.

Do I think the Leafs will finish higher than the Oilers? Of course.

Have the Leafs earned the right to start trashing other teams playoff success? If you warp enough stats with a small enough sample size, anything is possible.

Well one team is still struggling to make the playoffs consistently and the other is a yearly playoff team that needs to perform in the playoffs.

You can say that the Leafs haven't won shit which is fair but to say they are in the same boat or one is just as bad is just plain wrong, considering they only won a single series and both opponents the Leafs faced were way better teams.

Mar 26, 2010
He changed his name.

- Canucks fan with more posts on the Edmonton board than Vancouver
- whines about the Oilers in every post
- shows up on our board to like negative posts and vote for the worst option in polls

"Not obsessed"

Canucks fan? You got the wrong guy. I hate the Canucks with a passion. I never liked or posted anything on your forum, never once.

What was his previous name?

Del Preston, stop bullshitting and talking out of your ass. You are lying. No one in Toronto cares about your garbage team. Go ahead and report my post, because I will report your garbage posts as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This thread is a garbage fire :laugh:

Anyone that watched the game last night knows it was only close because Holtby stood on his head in the 2nd and first ten minutes of the third. He kept the Caps in it when it was 2-1 when they had no right to be in it.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The Oilers actually won a playoff series two years ago, pal.

Which brings us back to 2004 if you want to talk about the Leafs and playoff success.

I hope wonnomh a series 2 years ago keeps you happy when they miss the playoffs again.

All that matters is this year. The Caps can bring up the cup, but a series win 2 years ago means nothing.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Well one team is still struggling to make the playoffs consistently and the other is a yearly playoff team that needs to perform in the playoffs.

You can say that the Leafs haven't won **** which is fair but to say they are in the same boat or one is just as bad is just plain wrong, considering they only won a single series and both opponents the Leafs faced were way better teams.

A yearly playoff team? You've made the playoffs twice in a row for the first time in 12 years. Now you're "yearly". Sheesh, panelists have the Jets going to the Stanley Cup and even I am like "slow the F down.....lets make the playoffs first."

And you're not in the same boat. The Oilers won a series. You are as good as your record and success say you are. You can makes excuses all you want but it all comes down to winning and losing when talking about success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad