Is there still someone who thinks that the Pens are getting favourable reffing?

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Your clearly a homer if you think the Canucks slashed Greiss stick out of his hands, he lifted his stick and Greiss dropped it, Greiss would have been pissed if he hacked out of his hands, stopped reading post there

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
First place problems.

Pens are 21st in PP opportunites, which isn't too bad. Maybe they're just playing a bit more undisciplined than their opponents on average this season?

Yeah yeah, "the same stuff goes uncalled for our opponents!", but I'm not so sure about that. It's easy for fans to start looking for penalties and especially in the heat of the games to see what they want to see.

I believe in some slight bias in some refs towards certain players or even in rare cases, certain teams. But 14 games is a trend, and it's up to the coach/players to figure out why they're shorthanded more than they're on the PP and adapt.

Great post.

Every fan believes their team gets the short end of the stick with reffing. Every single fan of every single team. The reffing IS bed, but its not directed one way or the other.

I don't really understand the OP here. Its like he's calling out other people for having a tin foil hat about the Pens, all while crying that refs are screwing over his team moreso than others. Pot calling kettle black.

The reffing is bad, this isn't something new. Its not some conspiracy to either help or hinder certain teams.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
Pens can thank their whinny captain for that, he probably pissed off every ref in the league by now

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Refs are terrible because they allow the circumstance on the ice and reputations of players to determine if and when they call penalties. It gives them way too much power and influence over a game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I haven't noticed bad reffing w/r/t Pitt this year in terms of them getting advantages I've seen in the past. So I don't really think one can argue that Pittsburgh is getting any real advantage at all this year.

In the past? Absolutely. This year? I haven't seen it at all.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
Go check the Pens/Caps head to heads from about 2008 to 2012. Pens had twice as many PPS over those games.

that was due to Ovie vs Crosby who is the better player debate, Canadian Refs had to help their boy, but those times have gone, yes I remember those playoff series when Pens would get 8PP a game and Caps just 2...this is why a Pens fan whining about less PP opportunities will not resonate here with many

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh geez, the 2007 "Crosby is a whiner" label is back. Let's post that gif from 2008 and call him a diver too.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Oh geez, the 2007 "Crosby is a whiner" label is back. Let's post that gif from 2008 and call him a diver too.

I mean, I've been pretty nonbiased with all of the Crosby whiner stuff since I criticized my own team for it in the past (w/r/t Callahan and others). I think it's still safe to call him one.

He's certainly improved, though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Difference between PP opportunities and times on the PK the since 2009

CAR 154
CHI 143
TOR 114
SJS 90
DET 88
FLA 53
NYI 41
NJD 35
NSH 35
NYR 33
CGY 25
TBL 22
CBJ 21
LAK 8
DAL 4
PIT 1
PHX -8
MIN -19
VAN -26
BUF -28
STL -36
PHI -37
WPG -53
EDM -61
WSH -63
ANA -75
BOS -78
MTL -100
OTT -133
COL -149

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I chalk this more up to ref incompetence than anything to do with the Pens or any other team but I'm slightly confused as to how stuff going back to 2008 or 2009 is in any way relevant to the OP.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
All I'm saying is that last time we played, Crosby whined to the refs about an icing call and they reversed the icing call after he whined to them. I NEVER see that happen, ever.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
All I'm saying is that last time we played, Crosby whined to the refs about an icing call and they reversed the icing call after he whined to them. I NEVER see that happen, ever.

Do you mean the icing call that never should have happened in the first place and was waived off after the four officials on the ice conferred about it?

Whined. :laugh: He probably said, "What the ****, when did we switch from hybrid to no-touch icing?" It's funny how other captains/alternates talk to the refs but Crosby only whines.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Probably Jim Hughson and Garry Galley.

In all seriousness though... like all teams, they have been on the receiving end of some egregious calls. Their focus on getting tougher and employing certain players - i.e. Downie - doesn't help their cause either. On the flip side, there was a stretch where they simply weren't outworking the opposition, forcing them to commit penalties. Even when they were, though, the refs refrained from putting their arm up.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Is there still someone who thinks complaining about refs is a credible argument? Even the refs make bad calls they'll only take what your team gives them. And believe it or not, no they don't target your team, they literally don't care.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Refs are terrible because they allow the circumstance on the ice and reputations of players to determine if and when they call penalties. It gives them way too much power and influence over a game.

Lets get rid of refs!!!!!!!! :handclap:

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

So you're trying to tell me that the refs mad a bad call, the captain of the team that call went against talked to the refs and then the refs corrected the call?

Sounds like a terrible leader and prolly a bad person too!

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
Yeah, I was at a loss for words during the Nucks vs Pens last week. We won, but I truly felt like the refs wanted the Pens to win. And I actually like them and usually cheer for them in the playoffs, but damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00