Line Combos: Is there enough room for Ras, Zadina etc to make team?

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?

Roster looks pretty full.

Do Zadina, Ras, Svech on forward make team? Whose spot do they take?
Who comes out for Cholo or Hronek on D?

IMO with the Vanek signing just seems like there are two many forwards and not enough ice/puck to go around.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
excellent video , I like to see trades for conditional pics to free up cap and space

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Frk can be fully buried IIRC, but without a trade I only see one rookie forward and one defenseman.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I would have listed turgeon. Solid video, nothing wings fans didn’t already know though.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think Frk will really struggle to hold onto a job in camp. Witkowski is easy to dump as well.
On defense one young D fits, but maybe as 7th D from the start. Kronwall shouldn't be a lock to be in the lineup anymore, and Jensen could also rotate out.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I think Frk will really struggle to hold onto a job in camp. Witkowski is easy to dump as well.
On defense one young D fits, but maybe as 7th D from the start. Kronwall shouldn't be a lock to be in the lineup anymore, and Jensen could also rotate out.

Holland and the players have emphasized having a guy like Witkowski around for quite a few years, whether it be Drake, Downey, the return of McCarty and others. So I think he'll be kept around.

I agree with Frk, not even sure why he was re-signed, he doesn't hold much value for the short or long term and it would've been better letting him find work elsewhere.

With all of that said, I don't see room for Zadina to play in October, even if he's much better than some of the players who make it ahead of him (and he will be better than a few players). He'll play the most from February-April.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

I find it really hard to believe Kronwall won't be around all year barring injury

just doesn't sound like something the Wings would do at all

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I find it really hard to believe Kronwall won't be around all year barring injury

just doesn't sound like something the Wings would do at all
Kronner was only 5th in icetime last year, he might be around but if one or two kids really push for jobs I can see Kronner getting "rested" a lot. Especially if it's Cholo who comes in as a LD.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Because of the logjam zadina wont make the team. Which means he will be back in juniors.

But there is a 10 game period I believe before he has to go back. So I hope holland actually takes advantage of that with zadina unlike with Rasmussen.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Because of the logjam zadina wont make the team. Which means he will be back in juniors.

But there is a 10 game period I believe before he has to go back. So I hope holland actually takes advantage of that with zadina unlike with Rasmussen.
Zad can play as many games as the DRW's like before returning to Halifax. It just burns a year from the ELC

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I think that dude is overly optimistic about Bert.

But no, Zadina, Ras, Cholo and Hronek just aren't going to get time with the big club this year, aside from injury fill-ins. Which just means GRG games will be far more fun to watch than DRW games.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

But no, Zadina, Ras, Cholo and Hronek just aren't going to get time with the big club this year, aside from injury fill-ins. Which just means GRG games will be far more fun to watch than DRW games.
21-man roster?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Bert has been progressing every year , his hockey iq off the charts always in the right spot . I think he will continue to improve

Reactions: rhef3

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Who knows, looks like the Wings are half way shooting from the hip at this point. I can't tell what "plans" they have.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
So much questions arising about Zadina being on the roster but I'm curious. Was it even a general consensus that Zadina was NHL ready before we drafted him??

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
How do you suppose we fill those empty roster spots with no money to sign more people?

That's my point. Detroit, if Larkin and Mantha get anywhere near what they are expected to get, won't even have money to have an extra ELC player like Zadina, Ras or Cholo on the team.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That's my point. Detroit, if Larkin and Mantha get anywhere near what they are expected to get, won't even have money to have an extra ELC player like Zadina, Ras or Cholo on the team.
So they'll definitely have to do something to be able to ice a roster. They'll have to finagle something, something that will have to involve kids on the roster in the end.

Just to clarify, he was saying none of Ras, Zadina, Hronek, or Cholowski will get time to start the season without injury. It's basically impossible with our roster. Maybe not impossible (Hicketts, Sulak could make it and render my point invalid), but certainly not feasible.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Someone, please, send that main Roster on the board to the Hockey Hall of Fame's committee, so that they are aware of what Kenny has been able to "accomplish" with Salary Cap.

Reactions: odin1981

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So much questions arising about Zadina being on the roster but I'm curious. Was it even a general consensus that Zadina was NHL ready before we drafted him??

Consensus is that he would get NHL time. How much was depending on the team and needs. He was always grouped in the handful of players (Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk, and varying opinions about guys like Dobson) that were ready to make the jump immediately. Dahlin is the only true consensus NHL ready, immediate impact player to come from the draft.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I'm pretty sure that the only players that were penciled in were Svech and Dahlin. With the rest, opinions varied. Besides, I think I read here somewhere that Zadina wasn't exactly standing out in training camp. Though, thats was an opinion of one poster so not much weight to that either.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Rass has about 3% chance at making the team, Z has about 0.002%, Witter will get moved to 7th D so no young d men sorry. Frk, Svech,Turgeon will see NHL before any of the kids. maybe next year or the year after when Kenny goes to Seattle we see some of the kids. but as of now this is Kenny's team and he likes it thinks it can get then back into the play offs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad