Is there any way Dorion can survive within the 'new' Sens organization?

Pierre deserves...

• Promotion

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demotion

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Status Quo

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Not welcome back

Votes: 40 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
A lot of this is subjective and a matter of opinion. Not sure how these arguments can ever get resolved.

You can point to obvious misses like Murray, but when every questionable move is met with Dorion had no other choice, Ottberia, whatever, it seems like you can't even call a spade a spade when that's always dragged in.

He's landed with a good squad in year 6, but I don't know how anyone can pretend it was just smooth sailing and these were all unforced errors. The argument that it never really mattered much to the ultimate goal is at least a better argument that holds some water though imo.

You have to crack some eggs to make an omelette.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
"Can't win them all" should be the motto of the Dorion regime!

This but not ironically.

Even the Bruins, during their record breaking season last year, lost 17 games.

Nobody goes 82-0, just like no GM wins 100% of their trades. All that matters is the fact that the team is in a great place right now, with a bright and locked down future.

Reactions: Arogie

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
too funny. If Dorion had of come out and said "We are headed for the playoffs this year, no doubt about it" Most of you guys would be saying "Oh MY Gawd how cringe is that?, can you imagine predicticting we will make the playoffs after the last 6 years?"

In other words no matter what the man says the majority of you are going to hate it. *Edited for spelling*

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Dorion got the core looked down to long term deals. The question remains, is the core that he locked down a contender? They need to show that this season or Dorion is gone and the new GM will retool.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Dorion got the core looked down to long term deals. The question remains, is the core that he locked down a contender? They need to show that this season or Dorion is gone and the new GM will retool.

I think the real question is whether Dorion is the right person to continue building around the core that's been locked down. Starting today, with what we have, who is the best person to lead hockey operations? The core is what it is. We're going to have to wait and see how it does over the next 5+ seasons.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
too funny. If Dorion had of come out and said "We are headed for the playoffs this year, no doubt about it" Most of you guys would be saying "Oh MY Gawd how cringe is that?, can you imagine predicticting we will make the playoffs after the last 6 years?"

In other words no matter what the man says the majority of you are going to hate it. *Edited for spelling*
I wasn't criticizing him. Last year would have gotten some criticism to say it, but everyone knows this year is playoffs or its a disappointment. Fans, media, players, coaches, management and ownership. I like the type of confidence Muckler used to speak with with over tempering expectations.

You have to crack some eggs to make an omelette.
For sure you do. I don't expect perfection.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I think the real question is whether Dorion is the right person to continue building around the core that's been locked down. Starting today, with what we have, who is the best person to lead hockey operations? The core is what it is. We're going to have to wait and see how it does over the next 5+ seasons.
Why do we have to wait 5 + seasons to find out if this is the right core? The time is now, If they are a core that is good enough to contend for the cup year in year out they need to start showing us signs of that this season.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Huh? :laugh:

People wouldve said “how cringe is that” if he came out and said: “Yes, making the playoffs is the expectation this year. Our core is in place, they are all paid on long term deals, have been in the league for a few years now. Coaching staff has been in place for a fews years. Our top-4 is as good as it has been in years on paper. We believe we have a good goalie duo. Yes, the expectation is to make the playoffs this year. Period” ?

I think you are making up scenarios in your mind

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Respectfully, I think you're way off base here. I know I'd love to hear some confirmation of what we're already expecting from this team. It would be nice for there to be a meaningful goal and expectation set for this fanbase. The wishy-washiness made some sense last season. At this point, it feels like nothing more than a hedge.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Dorian said in the summer, he’d comment during exhibition season I think.
Not that it even matters, as results will be what matters.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Why do we have to wait 5 + seasons to find out if this is the right core? The time is now, If they are a core that is good enough to contend for the cup year in year out they need to start showing us signs of that this season.

We are entering a competitive window. Sure, things could go off the rails early and we could know sooner that this group doesn't have it. What's far more likely, though, is that this core will start having good years as early as this season, and then time will tell whether they can elevate from a good, fringe contender to a true contender or even cup winner.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yup. That idiot dorion should be held accountable for not saying the team will make the playoffs.
Crack the whip Mr. Andlauer.

Lol.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
There is a huge difference between building up a core through high picks by being bad and actually winning.

I guess its fine to give him some grace but Dorion is not a winner and he does not inspire winning. He is not a good leader based off of everything we know. And we need a real leader now.

We are blessed we got Stutzle and Sanderson because otherwise the rebuild would be in shambles, but that was also the easy part.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Dorion has had several unforced errors, but the makeup of the team and locking in a promising young core deserves credit imo. I just wish he would exude a bit more confidence about the team and his work.
Yes results matter. Winning solves all problems.

But confidence in leadership tends to get picked up across an org. I don’t think John Muckler was our greatest gm, but his confidence and swagger I believe made a difference in how this org was perceived, and more importantly how members of the org perceived themselves.
Not as important as results for sure, but it makes a difference.

Reactions: SensHulk

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
A lot of this is subjective and a matter of opinion. Not sure how these arguments can ever get resolved.

You can point to obvious misses like Murray, but when every questionable move is met with Dorion had no other choice, Ottberia, whatever, it seems like you can't even call a spade a spade when that's always dragged in.

He's landed with a good squad in year 6, but I don't know how anyone can pretend it was just smooth sailing and these were all unforced errors. The argument that it never really mattered much to the ultimate goal is at least a better argument that holds some water though imo.
Dorion is very divisive. Removing him is the only answer.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
C'mon Dorion, just come with confidence. It's playoffs or bust for you and for DJ so just set those goals where they need to be.

"A lot of people are talking playoffs. I don’t want to make bold predictions," Dorion said. "I’d like to see our team play through camp. I feel the way we finished last year, the improvements that we’ve made I think fans will be really happy with what we bring to the table. How good and competitive we’re going to be.

In 2022 and 2023 he's traded the following prospects/picks for immediate help:

Gustavsson
2022 1st (7th)
2023 1st (12th)
2022 2nd (39th)
2023 2nd (44th)
2026 2nd (TBD)
2022 3rd (80th)
2023 3rd (76th)
2024 3rd (TBD)

and he has only unintentionally recovered some futures (lower 1st from DET/BOS + Sebrango), due to his DeBrincat gamble blowing up in his face.

Dude has been selling off the farm to try to get the team into the playoffs while he's still GM, why can't he just come out and say we want to win?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Based on what?
Biden.gif

In 2022 and 2023 he's traded the following prospects/picks for immediate help:

Gustavsson
2022 1st (7th)
2023 1st (12th)
2022 2nd (39th)
2023 2nd (44th)
2026 2nd (TBD)
2022 3rd (80th)
2023 3rd (76th)
2024 3rd (TBD)

and he has only unintentionally recovered some futures (lower 1st from DET/BOS + Sebrango), due to his DeBrincat gamble blowing up in his face.

Dude has been selling off the farm to try to get the team into the playoffs while he's still GM, why can't he just come out and say we want to win?
Beats me. Just get out there and tell everyone you're gonna kick their f***ing asses next year. Confidence is sexy, tempering expectations doesn't really get the juices going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad