Speculation: Is there any chance Pittsburgh will trade Malkin?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like Pens done and need another rebuild, and Geno still can do some damage with proper linemates. I wouldn't mind to see him playing with, say, Kaprizov. He's signed for another 1.5 years, so his contract isn't that bad.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Pens are fine.....

Though I’d be interested in what a 34 year old Malkin at 9.5M for 2seasons would return.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Lightning were horrible at the start of las year and Ottawa looked great.

and that was with pre-season

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
It looks like Pens done and need another rebuild, and Geno still can do some damage with proper linemates. I wouldn't mind to see him playing with, say, Kaprizov. He's signed for another 1.5 years, so his contract isn't that bad.

...in 95 in a 48 game season the future cup champion started their second 0-3 with a tie.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Malkin is 34 years old and will be 35 by the time the season ends. I don't see any teams taking him (and giving fair value) given his caphit and remaining "good" years. He is in the winter of his career. For example, the CBJ won't trade PLD for Malkin as they are not in win-now mode.

Any team in win-now mode can't afford Malkin's caphit. Pens are in no-man's land with Malkin.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Malkin is 34 years old and will be 35 by the time the season ends. I don't see any teams taking him (and giving fair value) given his caphit and remaining "good" years. He is in the winter of his career. For example, the CBJ won't trade PLD for Malkin as they are not in win-now mode.

Any team in win-now mode can't afford Malkin's caphit. Pens are in no-man's land with Malkin.

Yeah I'm sure that if Malkin became available the Jets wouldn't be interested. They haven't been looking for a star #2 center forever.

Reactions: Hamurai

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah I'm sure that if Malkin became available the Jets wouldn't be interested. They haven't been looking for a star #2 center forever.
I sure they wouldn’t want to give up the young pieces needed, like Perfetti.

i am sure Malkin’s NMC would stop any chance of WPG as an option.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I sure they wouldn’t want to give up the young pieces needed, like Perfetti.

i am sure Malkin’s NMC would stop any chance of WPG as an option.

The Jets are in win-now mode and could afford his cap hit if they finagled a bit. And we all know a star center isn't coming to Winnipeg via UFA.

In fact, a swap with Laine and Malkin as principals could work in theory if both were agreeable, not that I'd be interested. Malkin probably wouldn't want to go to Winnipeg, but you never know.

Reactions: BHD

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The Jets are in win-now mode and could afford his cap hit if they finagled a bit. And we all know a star center isn't coming to Winnipeg via UFA.

In fact, a swap with Laine and Malkin as principals could work in theory if both were agreeable, not that I'd be interested. Malkin probably wouldn't want to go to Winnipeg, but you never know.

Malkin obviously wouldn't want to go to Wpg. I don't think the Jets are in win-now mode.

Malkin's NMC will kill any trade to small markets like Winnipeg.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Malkin obviously wouldn't want to go to Wpg. I don't think the Jets are in win-now mode.

Their next couple years are going to be pretty crucial, and it's not like they have any internal options at center who are close to making an impact in the show.

And the Jets are far from the only team. You think Sakic wouldn't be interested in adding Malkin to the Avs when their #2 is Kadri?

Reactions: BHD

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I don’t think the Pens will make the playoffs in that division, but it doesn’t mean they have to sell off their franchise players. Philly is most likely going to come out on top of that division, so no shame in getting beat by them.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Their next couple years are going to be pretty crucial, and it's not like they have any internal options at center who are close to making an impact in the show.

And the Jets are far from the only team. You think Sakic wouldn't be interested in adding Malkin to the Avs when their #2 is Kadri?
I senceirly doubt Joe Sakic would have any kind of interest in acquiring him. They'll go for a winger to compliment Kadri, not for a 9.5 #2C

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
2 games in and a team is "done" :eyeroll:

Yes there is a chance, only if he asks for it and then only to the team he wants to go to. But its remote that happens, like is said every time someone asks.

Pens have been slowly dying for a few years now. Not just a couple of games. The bandaid fixes they used years ago won’t have the same effect they did when their core was younger. I wouldn’t be surprised if a major retool is in their best interest. Whether Crosby or Malkin would want to be apart of that or not is another question.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

How are the Avs adding Malkin’s caphit? Avs are nearly at the cap ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad