Is there an issue with the ice at Rogers?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Ford Hall probably has something to do with it. Hard to keep all that extra space cool

I heard something similar in 2004 when the Lightning made their playoff run.

Some were asking how they could keep the ice NHL quality with the humidity and temperature.

It was said that if they could keep the doors closed all the time then maintaining NHL quality ice wasn't an issue. As soon as doors open, you lose pressure, you lose temperature, it becomes difficult.

I would've loved to see them have rotating doors similar (but better) to what they have at the airport. People are coming in but the "doors" are never open letting temperature in or out.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Air curtains would be a better solution than revolving doors...some people are idiots with revolving doors and kids like to play.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I heard something similar in 2004 when the Lightning made their playoff run.

Some were asking how they could keep the ice NHL quality with the humidity and temperature.

It was said that if they could keep the doors closed all the time then maintaining NHL quality ice wasn't an issue. As soon as doors open, you lose pressure, you lose temperature, it becomes difficult.

I would've loved to see them have rotating doors similar (but better) to what they have at the airport. People are coming in but the "doors" are never open letting temperature in or out.

Tampa bay in may is completely different than edmonton in January. There are no similarities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad