Speculation: Is there a goalie out there that can help the Sabres?

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If we didn't already have Anderson - i think Bishop would be a great target.

Bishop / Anderson as a tandem though? I don't know which would be higher - their combined age or combined man games out injured...:laugh:

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If we didn't already have Anderson - i think Bishop would be a great target.

Bishop / Anderson as a tandem though? I don't know which would be higher - their combined age or combined man games out injured...:laugh:

Since Bishop is supposedly recovered from injury, in a situation that his team won't be able to bring him off LTIR and could be their bridge through next season, what other netminder would you propose?

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I’ll do it. I think my old Mylec street hockey pads are laying around somewhere.
In high school gym class I was an amazing floor hockey goalie in shorts without a mask and with only a glove or a blocker (we only had one set and the other teams goalie had what I didn’t).

I often imagine how good I could have been with all of the proper padding.

Reactions: joshjull

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
In high school gym class I was an amazing floor hockey goalie in shorts without a mask and with only a glove or a blocker (we only had one set and the other teams goalie had what I didn’t).

I often imagine how good I could have been with all of the proper padding.
Reminds me of training I used to do with my brother…he would shoot on me with real pucks and all I used was blocker/stick/glove. You got good with them, or you got bruised/hurt. :)

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
UPL

my theory is that he’s sucking on purpose in the minors so we can call him up in the second half of the season where he wins 30 games with 15 shutouts (taking everyone off guard) and we march our way all the way to the cup

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'd take a chance on a guy like Holtby if he came cheap. He's been hot and cold this season, but he's a relatively inexpensive rental who's had a pretty good run as a starter in the league. At worst Holtby flames out and you walk away from him at the end of the year, but at least these young guys see you made an effort to upgrade the position.

Last edited:
Reactions: beerme1

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Since Bishop is supposedly recovered from injury, in a situation that his team won't be able to bring him off LTIR and could be their bridge through next season, what other netminder would you propose?

Korpisalo. Assuming the cost is reasonable (rumoured to be available for a mid round pick) .

I'm not overly convinced by him - but he HAS put up decent numbers in the past. And he's young enough to be a proper bridge all the way to the future.

If he works out - we get a test drive before signing him in the summer. If he doesn't - the loss is minimal. You could possibly flip him on at the TDL if it really doesn't work.

I wouldn't hate Bishop by any means. I just worry about he & Anderson as a tandem. We'd probably have to carry Tokarski alongside them both.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I like what KA did here. Left room for UPL to bust down the door in Buffalo with some good veteran presence around him.
This hasn't happened but I bet it was a notion going into the season.
Maybe it will be addressed at the deadline but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.
The team is playing better and goaltending hasn't been the biggest issue. It's just been really inconsistent. For a not so deep team losing top players for long stretches can be debilitating but the entire squad has held up well even if points haven't been awarded for their efforts.

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Lars Johansson CSKA moscow. 7 shutouts this season in KHL, set record for GAA last playoffs.

Played for sweden in karjala cup, beat russia, chezh and finland.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If he's willing to come here and not signed to a KHL contract I'd try to get him.
He might not be interested after his experience with the Blackhawks.

I knew there was a reason his name was familiar. He had a shorter career than my username did!

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-30%2Bat%2B7.49.22%2BPM.png

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Lankanen, is a strong possibility. I think he's ripe for the picking. If Chicago dreams of the playoffs it lays on the shoulders of MAF. So for the right asking price, I think you could realistically pry Lankanen free. Is he a great choice, no, but is he better for a realistic cost, probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad