Is the orange the new home regular jersey?

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I hate orange. Seriously, it looks terrible for any uniforms.

I could live with 3 or 4 times a year but 19? GTFO of here with that ****.

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
I mean I like it. Five times a year. Our blue sweater is the best in hockey is the problem; and its taking away form us getting to see that. Someone get in Katz's ear with this please, and tell him the feedback

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
"Say so long to third jerseys.

Next season teams will be restricted to just one home and one away jersey, eliminating all third jerseys, multiple sources have told the Star Tribune, according to Michael Russo.

The report sites the reason for the change is that Adidas will be taking over from Reebok as the official jersey provider for the NHL and the elimination of third jerseys is to help ease the transition.

According to Russo, the Minnesota Wild are deciding on what direction to go with their jerseys for next year. The team could decide to either use their red jerseys or their green ones - currently used as their third option - as their home decor.

Russo suggests the club is likely to elect to go with the green and that such a decision could also mean a slight redesign of their current third jersey.

Elsewhere in the league, Newsday's Arthur Staple backed the report, adding that the change will mean that the New York Islanders will no longer don their black and white uniforms and will keep the classic blue and orange sweater as their home jersey."

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1203957-report-teams-to-be-limited-to-2-jerseys-next-season

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
"Say so long to third jerseys.

Next season teams will be restricted to just one home and one away jersey, eliminating all third jerseys, multiple sources have told the Star Tribune, according to Michael Russo.

The report sites the reason for the change is that Adidas will be taking over from Reebok as the official jersey provider for the NHL and the elimination of third jerseys is to help ease the transition.

According to Russo, the Minnesota Wild are deciding on what direction to go with their jerseys for next year. The team could decide to either use their red jerseys or their green ones - currently used as their third option - as their home decor.

Russo suggests the club is likely to elect to go with the green and that such a decision could also mean a slight redesign of their current third jersey.

Elsewhere in the league, Newsday's Arthur Staple backed the report, adding that the change will mean that the New York Islanders will no longer don their black and white uniforms and will keep the classic blue and orange sweater as their home jersey."

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1203957-report-teams-to-be-limited-to-2-jerseys-next-season

I'm afraid for Katz's decision on this one.

Just play it safe Katz, keep the blue.

oiler-dude

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Based entirely on my own personal experience living close to Rogers Place, the Orange jerseys sell a hell of a lot better than the blue ones. They're everywhere on game day.

So I can't say I'm surprised.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Based entirely on my own personal experience living close to Rogers Place, the Orange jerseys sell a hell of a lot better than the blue ones. They're everywhere on game day.

So I can't say I'm surprised.

Didn't they give away free oranges to all season ticket holders last year? That would partially explain why they're at all the games.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Someone needs to start a petition or something ... orange only is gross. Adidas eliminating third jerseys is stupid too, who are they to demand something like that, like **** right off.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Third jerseyes will obviously be back. It's just a transition thing going from Reebok to Adidas.

Love the orange! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad